XBMC module for Python (windows platform)?
Hi all,

I have been looking around for the location of the module XBMC for Python

when i use 'import xbmc' or 'import XBMC' in my script i get the message ImportError: No module named XBMC

Where can i find the windows versionof the xbmc module, or where can i download it...

Kind regards,

Rob.
I guess you try to run you script directly in a python interpreter on windows and not in XBMC?
Why don't you test and tun your script directly in XBMC on windows?
For the xbmc lib, a emulator lib has been done a while ago, far before the port on windows but it was very basic (and very useful), unfortunately I don't think it is maintained anymore, means the last XBMC API won't be in it.
I hope it helps.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

import xbmc will primarily be of use if you're actually running under XBMC.

I'm not sure whether there's an emulation environment available or not - there used to be many years ago, but I'm not sure if it's maintained.

I'm sure one of the scripters will be along to correct me!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thx for jour quick response.

I'm writing a phython script to manage our movies and series dowload from a download server to a SAN.
The download server (sabnzbd) starts the script to clean-up and move the downloaded files to the SAN, then it initiates a library up-date in xbmc.
I wanted to use the xbmc module to see if the library up-date was done and to gracefully shut down xbmc.

both xbmc and sabnzbd are running on the same windows box.

Guess that i cannot check the library up-date status via my script.

Maybe i have to skip the library up-date call and just update when xbmc starts ....Huh
I have to sleep on that for a couple of nights.Wink
jmarshall Wrote:Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

import xbmc will primarily be of use if you're actually running under XBMC.

I'm not sure whether there's an emulation environment available or not - there used to be many years ago, but I'm not sure if it's maintained.

I'm sure one of the scripters will be along to correct me!

Cheers,
Jonathan

There must be a way to use the python interpreter that will load all the XBMC modules. Does anybody know its location?
or does anybody know the location of the site-packages to add to the python path?

I would like to use Wing IDE for development of Plugins but need to find how to setup the right environment into it.

Any ideas?
the xbmc python module is exported directly from our code, i.e. directly hooked into the interpreter. it's not a "normal" python module. there is simply no site package
i suppose this might be why i have trouble getting xbmc python to execute popen()?

Dam0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC module for Python (windows platform)?0