guisettings is a mess
ok, new new builds (past 2 months or so) really not sure when this started.
Never really looked into this file before, had after XBMC started crashing because of calibration data.

in new builds this this file is a complete mess.

i have older version of this file as a back-up, and it is properly formatted.

I have tried taking the older file and put it in place of the new one, I lost bunch of settings, etc.. and xbmc made a big mess of the file again.

could this be fixed so xbmc keeps it properly formatted?
Maybe try a real editing program not a garbage one like notepad? That may or may not fix the issue. Even using wordpad instead of notepad may fix it. But I would still use something different.
Even wordpad will properly honor unix line endings.
This is Notepad issue not xbmc. Use another editor. ex: notepad++

opss to late...
You can open it in wordpad. save it. and then it will display fine in notepad.
But what changed between the two versions? The question is legit, the answer can't be "change your editing program".
A Linux/OSX dev probably made a change to the file creation/structure that resulted in it using *nix type carriage returns.
This is computing 101. (And I am a Winblows ho)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Correct - it now uses unix line endings by default.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

someone else already mentioned it, but notepad++ will respect unix line endings, and is a suitable replacement for notepad (as in it will seem to be just as fast and has an extremely small footprint)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
guisettings is a mess0