[Library] Updating Movie/TV Show Ratings
I searched for a while so I hope I didn't miss this in another thread.

Is there a way to have the video library go through either the locally stored .nfo files or IMDB itself to update *only* the movie/tv show ratings in its database?
I don't think there is anything that will just update those items while not changing any other data.

I think there's some hybrid nfo file you can create that will allow some items to be fixed and others to be polled via the url within the file, I never tried those.

I modify my data based on how I feel about the content, which includes the ratings, genres, and tagline using MIP, which stores it with the show/movie.
Thanks for the help, fekker. One more question if you'd oblige:

Say someone were to use your program (MIP) to update the movie/tv show ratings of their locally stored .nfo files. What would be the fastest and least intrusive way to reflect those updates in xbmc? Do you pretty much just have to wipe the library and re-scan?
rausch101 Wrote:Thanks for the help, fekker. One more question if you'd oblige:

Say someone were to use your program (MIP) to update the movie/tv show ratings of their locally stored .nfo files. What would be the fastest and least intrusive way to reflect those updates in xbmc? Do you pretty much just have to wipe the library and re-scan?

you can either rescan, or on each item tell it to update the information.
for images, i just blow away the xbmc image cache, which makes it grab all the new images without touching any of the data stored in the database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Library] Updating Movie/TV Show Ratings0