• 2(current)
XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono)
spiff Wrote:or as in literal movie.tbn, literal movie.nfo and literal fanart.jpg

About that, what is the preferred format?

I'll add the option for the different naming schemes in the next version Smile
Well honestly why anyone wouldn't think the preferred method is movie.tbn, movie.nfo and fanart.jpg is beyond me. It's probably something alot of people aren't aware of either since it was implemented a few short months ago.
krypt2nite Wrote:Well honestly why anyone wouldn't think the preferred method is movie.tbn, movie.nfo and fanart.jpg is beyond me. It's probably something alot of people aren't aware of either since it was implemented a few short months ago.

Some people keep their movies in one folder, not a separate folder per movie.

Why is "movie.nfo" better anyway?
euphoric Wrote:Some people keep their movies in one folder, not a separate folder per movie.

Good point, I don't think either are better than each other. They both have their purpose.
euphoric Wrote:Some people keep their movies in one folder, not a separate folder per movie.

Good point about people keeping all their movies in one folder.

For my personal needs its better because I have 1800+ movies in my collection. Each one has fanart (if available) a NFO and a TBN. If I have to replace a movie with a better quality one or make changes it's easier for me to have uniformity across the board. It's also an extremely better solution for stacked movies.

Movie.cd1.avi and Movie.cd2.avi

In the big scheme of things and for someone who has such a large collection and likes to have everything perfect and uniform, the new methods are vastly superior.

However I forgot someone people like to keep everything in one folder. Extremely unorganized, but hey to each his own.
Great first run. I have an odd problem though, when I scan my folders it displays each title about 8x even though there is only one avi in the folder.
Wow that is a rather fast app. Its not as flexible as well say MIP, but man its very fast and to the point, which is nice. Talk about your no fuss no muss approach. Good job man.

One thing I did notice and maybe its supposed to be that way, but I had some dummy create files say "The Matrix.avi" which was basically a text file renamed for testing and it doesn't see files that are 0bytes. Means if you want to test this app on dummy files its not going to work because the file is well 0bytes, but I'm willing to bet it will on files that are a little larger. Wink
kizer Wrote:Wow that is a rather fast app. Its not as flexible as well say MIP, but man its very fast and to the point, which is nice. Talk about your no fuss no muss approach. Good job man.

One thing I did notice and maybe its supposed to be that way, but I had some dummy create files say "The Matrix.avi" which was basically a text file renamed for testing and it doesn't see files that are 0bytes. Means if you want to test this app on dummy files its not going to work because the file is well 0bytes, but I'm willing to bet it will on files that are a little larger. Wink

There is a filesize filter.. did you make sure "all filesizes" were selected?

Anyway, new version with improved configuration up soon Smile
eamiryar Wrote:Great first run. I have an odd problem though, when I scan my folders it displays each title about 8x even though there is only one avi in the folder.

That sounds weird...

Test the next version and see if it still happens, if so, please give me as much info as you can on the issue Smile
Yeah I had it set to all sizes. No dice, thats why I mentioned it doesn't seem to catch 0bytes. Not a big deal, but just wanted you to know.
Nice work, very cool app.
fekker Wrote:Nice work, very cool app.

Thanks Smile

Added updated version now...
I might as well give a little plug to my application then as i've been adding fanart support today. My movie cleaner runs on .net likewise. Fast and simple was my motivation like euphoric. It'll scan in three sections, nfo files, posters and fanart. Movie name by folder name. I prefer to use Wikipedia's poster image so there's a particular button for that. I'll have to do better nfo files than i currently do. If anyone wants to through any .net code for working with imdb elements / nfo files i'd appreciate it. ;-)

I find a pretty quick tool to run nfo/image adding for a few new files. It doesn't try to do any automation, that's not really its purpose.

here

beautiful innit
Coastal you should really throw up a screen shot or two on your blog page. Myself I never download anything unless I can at least get a quick idea on what it looks like. I know its picky, but well I want to know what I'm getting myself into. Wink
coastal Wrote:I might as well give a little plug to my application then as i've been adding fanart support today. My movie cleaner runs on .net likewise. Fast and simple was my motivation like euphoric. It'll scan in three sections, nfo files, posters and fanart. Movie name by folder name. I prefer to use Wikipedia's poster image so there's a particular button for that. I'll have to do better nfo files than i currently do. If anyone wants to through any .net code for working with imdb elements / nfo files i'd appreciate it. ;-)

I find a pretty quick tool to run nfo/image adding for a few new files. It doesn't try to do any automation, that's not really its purpose.

I don't mean to be harsh, but how about making a new thread for it? Smile

As the topic says, this thread is about XBMC nfoScraper.

Other than that, nice going.. the KISS-principle.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono)0