• 4(current)
XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono)
as far as i see it the tool stuffes the fanart into moviename.jpg so it doesnt get picked up
mason Wrote:as far as i see it the tool stuffes the fanart into moviename.jpg so it doesnt get picked up

Picked up where?

Do you mean [moviename].jpg or "moviename".jpg?
picked up by xbmc of course while adding to library ...

and its "Mission Impossible.jpg" and not "Mission Impossible-fanart.jpg"

also noticed another ting, all movie names in the nfo have a leading space, doesnt noticed until importing since it fuckeds up sort order Wink
mason Wrote:picked up by xbmc of course while adding to library ...

and its "Mission Impossible.jpg" and not "Mission Impossible-fanart.jpg"

also noticed another ting, all movie names in the nfo have a leading space, doesnt noticed until importing since it fuckeds up sort order Wink

Ok, I tried it today and can confirm the filename problem. I just messed up a string when restructuring the code for supporting just "fanart.jpg" etc.

I will upload a fixed .exe as soon as I can Smile It's been a busy week for me.
would be extremly usefull if this could connect with my linux XBMC box and manage my movies on that.
right now i can only manage the movies on my linux PC thath i share with XBMC trough SMB.
Thumbs Up 
euphoric Wrote:I'm putting it on sourceforge Smile

Good idea. Could you send us the project page link when it's done. I'm looking for base to add functionalities to generate other files than nfo files. I'm a user of XBMC and Vista Media Center with the Media Browser module. So, I'm looking for something that is able to generate the nfo file and the xml file for Media Browser.
nice to see you can reproduce the error ... don't be stressed, its not a matter of survival Wink
ive created (well only 1 so far) some dora the explorer entries in The Movie Database that done exist in IMDB so i was wondering is there any chance we could scrape information from The Movie Database as well?

PS Also im still keen for you to make another colum that indicates if the movie has been manually edited please please please implement this please please please.
So, are "fanart.jpg" "folder.jpg" and "movie.nfo" valid file names? I thought that I had to name my fanart and posters files exactly as the movie: Shooter (2008).nfo, Shooter (2008).tbn, Shooter (2008)-fanart.jpg and so on.

Automode seems to just name them "movie.nfo". Will those files be read correctly by XBMC?
movie.nfo is correct when you have movies in folders
ultrabrutal Wrote:movie.nfo is correct when you have movies in folders

So, if I have all my movies with their corresponding .nfo, .tbn and fanart files inside each directory, will XBMC use those or will re-scrape everything when I set the contents of each source?
So any clue whats going to be in the next alpha?

also i have noticed when a folder contains 2 files for the one movie it scrapes it twice? can this be fixed plz
Guille779 Wrote:So, if I have all my movies with their corresponding .nfo, .tbn and fanart files inside each directory, will XBMC use those or will re-scrape everything when I set the contents of each source?

The whole idea is that it is reused and scanning to library will be much much faster
AaronG85 Wrote:So any clue whats going to be in the next alpha?

also i have noticed when a folder contains 2 files for the one movie it scrapes it twice? can this be fixed plz

I'm aware of that, and I will fix it in the next version.

As for when, I can't tell. I don't have very much spare time at the moment.
I created an application myself that looks just like your main screen, to scan for nfo, tbn, srt and fanart in my movie directories. But it does not scrape anything, I use Media Companion for that.

So this looks like the best of both worlds. I really like the simple interface, I find most of the other apps horrible to look at...

Will definitely check this out. Would be nice if you could check for sub's too, so if one or more are available, this is displayed.

Will have a look at the code too if you publish it, since I am a C# developer...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono)0