Where to start with automatically selecting audio channel to use
I'm going to have a stab at implementing http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5773 (automatically choose audio track with most number of channels).

Can someone point me where to start, ideally where any existing stream is selected for playback. I should be able to figure it out from there.

Thanks
Was in DVDPlayer.cpp. Patch completed now.
Would there be any way that you could include a default language as well? For instance, there are several movies that have japanese 5.1 and English 2.0 audio tracks. What about prioritizing audio by Default language, then by most number of channels?

That way if your default language is english and you have several audio tracks, you will get the "best" track first. If the movie has several languages that are all 2.0 then you will still get English (or whatever your default language is) first. Does this sound like something others would find helpful?
I looked at doing that at the same time. The language code for the audio streams is not currently in the "bucket-o-information" that DVDPlayer knows about though. That would have to be added to the C structures and pulled out of the stream inspection done by (I assume) ffmpeg.

I'm trying to get an IDE environment setup to make that change. Eclipse CDT shows promise, but I'm waiting to see what other Linux devs are using.

I assume that everyone is not using Mousepad or some other text editor to work on the amount of code now in XBMC!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to start with automatically selecting audio channel to use0