HP to Harmony Remote
Hi.

I do not know if this is usefull for anyone but I´ve spend a lot of time solving it and comming to this point, so if I can save that time for anyone else... Smile

I´ve got a HP Pavilion d4296se wich has a remote with an USB IR reciever (XPC-RC01 think it´s comming with the ASUS TV-card).

I´ve rebuilt the 4296 into a HTPC chassie and installed XBMC on windows, now using a svn Atlantis pre 9.04 build.

Bought myself a Harmony remote and realised that the remote that comes with the HP didn´t work very well with the solution...

After some investigation I´ve managed to find out that the Remote or rather the IR reciever treats commands as keyboard commands.

So this is my solution, and it´s far from finished but for the movies part of XBMC and also for navigating in most menus (have not paid any attention to music yet) it works quite well.

The harmony I use is a Harmony 550.

This is how I done:

First I installed the pre-defined HP4296 computer from the Harmony program on the remote, then I created an activity since that is what I will use, I use the Computer for sounds so I did keep the volume settings for the computer in the activity, then:

I´ve modified the buttons from the HP remote by sending the comands to the Harmony and mapping them to the right buttons as follows:
(Harmony to the left and HP remote to the right)

Play = 0
Stop = 1
Skip back = 2
Skip Next = 3
Menu = 4
Pause = 5
Exit = 6
Back = 7

After this I altered the keymap and this is my version of it (note that I´ve only altered the keyboard parts) If anyone would like to keep modifying it please feel free and please update me so I might use it to.

Keymap.xml
Ok so now I´ve played around a bit more and added the update library to the Guide button.
This is a feature I´ve missed for quite some time since I´ve had to get my arse up the chair and go to the mouse to restart XBMC untill now...
But from now on I don´t have to, I do pretty much everything with the Harmony remote now.

Also I have to correct my last post, I have the Harmony 525 remote...

I forgot the Info button on my last post, this shall be associated to no. 8

You still have to update your remote with the associated button to guide (update library) command, just set Guide button to no. 9

(Harmony to the left and HP remote to the right)

Play = 0
Stop = 1
Skip back = 2
Skip Next = 3
Menu = 4
Pause = 5
Exit = 6
Back = 7
Info = 8
Guide = 9

Updated keymap: Keymap.xml

Don´t forget to rename the keymap when putting it in: Program Files/ XBMC/ System

As you can tell I´m running out of buttons now so If anyone have any ideas how to proceed that would be verry nice!!
The reason I run out of buttons is that the HP remote don´t have anymore...

One feature I don´t know how to get working is the virtual keyboard, anyone have any ideas?
Has some one the keymap.xml the download page is not working any more

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP to Harmony Remote0