Completetly disable and hide mouse
Hi,

I have the "Enable mouse" option disabled but I still have 2 issues with this.

1) When I first start XBMC, the Windows cursor will be visible on screen until I do something. If the "Enable mouse" option is enabled, no cursor, at all, will be seen on XBMC startup.

2) My remote has directional buttons just like any other remote and I have a button that allows me to change the behavior of those directional buttons between keyboard and mouse mode. If keyboard mode is one, they behave just like the arrow keys on the keyboard. If mouse mode is one, they move the mouse cursor. The remote also has 2 more buttons for mouse control, the left and right click.

All these buttons make the Windows cursor show up on screen even with the "Eanble mouse" option disabled... The green (for the PM3 skin) cursor is gone, but the Windows cursor is not.

I believe these 2 problems would be gone, if XBMC, somehow, hide the Windows mouse cursor. Is this possible somehow?
I know there is a TRAC ticket for the mouse not disappearing even when the mouse is disabled. I cant remember the number though.
I usually only search the forums, gotta search the Trac more often...

I guess I found it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5362

Thank you, thread solved Smile
yeah, I posted that trac a few months ago. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5362

EDIT: doh, nazgulled beat me to it
and i actually posted the patch to hide the mouse in the first place Wink Looks like something must have changed recently.
Im not sure I ever saw it disappear Rand. I may be incorrect though.
Settings -> Screen -> Look and Feel -> Enable Mouse toggle

It used to make it so the mouse did not even appear. It has been about a year though. Now it seems that the mouse doesn't have any effect on the navigation but still appears if you bump it. I made it originally because I was sick of the AEON menus spinning out of control if i bumped the mouse.
Ahh ok...didnt realize it was that old of a patch. But yeah you are right that it still appears but looks a bit different and is inactive to the program.
Which kinda sucks because when you start playing a movie, for some reason, the Windows cursor shows for a couple of a seconds and then it hides. It's kinda of annoying... For now, I need leave the mouse enabled... But I didn't want to, since sometimes I press the wrong buttons on the keyboard (which are for the mouse).

@rand Al Thor
Doesn't that old patch still work? Maybe you could apply it again in the trac or something? Or maybe, make a new one if possible?
err, the patch was applied a long time ago and added to the svn. Hence the option to enable/disable mouse. The mouse showing put not having any effect on xbmc has nothing to do with the patch.
Oh, I misunderstood... sorry.
Hello,

sorry that i grab out this old thread. But in the actual windows version i have the same problem.
The cursor pointer ist in the middle of the screen and does not disappoint. What can i do to fix this problem?

thanks
(2011-10-27, 10:25)hsdneo Wrote: Hello,

sorry that i grab out this old thread. But in the actual windows version i have the same problem.
The cursor pointer ist in the middle of the screen and does not disappoint. What can i do to fix this problem?

thanks

Same here, it appeared in 12.2 just after I update wto WIndows 8.1, the Windows mouse cursor (not the XBMC one) sometimes stays active in the middle of the screen, very annoying, the question is: why?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Completetly disable and hide mouse0