How to use the virtual keyboard with the arrow keys?
You need to place it inside your profile folder (inside the XBMC\userdata\ of course). When I doubt, open Windows Explorer and type this:

Code:
%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\

This is where you place advancedsettings.xml, remove the other one.
This depends on if you are running the "-p" option when you srtart XBMC. If you are running a newer build from the past few days and have the -p on your startup line then, by default, it will go in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata if you do nto have the -p then it wil go into C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application Data\XBMC\userdata.

If you are running an older build this is reversed. The -p used to mean something like "profile" now it is the opposite and means something like "portable"

But since you are saying you already copied them into both dirs then something else seems like it is wrong.
My best guess is that he's not copying the file to the right location, that's why I said to use %APPDATA%, cause that will lead to right profile folder.

In his post, you can see "Administrator" there, and you are not supposed to use this account on a regular basis. You can and maybe you are, but I have a feeling you are not using this account when running XBMC and maybe that's your problem, cause that's not the folder XBMC will look into.
now its work. i had xbmc downloaded from xbmc.com and there i had two userdata one in appdata in documents and one in program files\xbmc. when i copied on boath location it didnt work but today i install again xbmc and than install jasters rev17788 and now i have only one userdata and it is in program files\xbmc. i puted advancedsettings.xml and now work.

thanks guys
I have been readin this including the wiki part and i have been making the advancedsetting.xml.
But for some reason (also in both locations) i cant it to work.

Is there maybe a way to make it work in keymap.xml?
Its advancedsettings.xml not advancedsetting.xml. Notice the "s" at the end. Hopefully this is your simple fix.
I also had no luck trying to get it to work with version 8.10, I made advancedsettings.xml like this:

<advancedsettings>
<navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>
</advancedsettings>

...and put it in both userdata folders, just in case. Nothing.

With newer versions (like XBMCSetup-Rev18197-jester) it works fine. But, there is different problem with the newer versions, AC3 sound is messed up. I have LCD TV connected over HDMI cable and i use TV's speakers (stereo). Now I hear only the sounds which are supposed to go to rear speakers or something, not those that go to central speaker in 5.1 systems. With 8.10 I don't have any sound problems on the same configuration.

So, can you help me with any of my two problems?

I have Win XP SP3 on Core2Duo E2200, GeForce7100 onboard, sound onboard (although I use HDMI sound). Only K-lite codec pack installed.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Its advancedsettings.xml not advancedsetting.xml. Notice the "s" at the end. Hopefully this is your simple fix.

sorry, mistype. I do have the file with the "s" in the end.
Both locations but no luck.

Also tried other things in xml file and will also not work in xbmc.
So that means he is not loading the file.

Im working on 8.10 now.

Strange thing.
Try a newer SVN.
this was added well after 8.10, specifically

Quote:Revision: 16444
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/xbmc/?re...4&view=rev
Author: spiff_
Date: 2008-12-02 23:29:00 +0000 (Tue, 02 Dec 2008)

Log Message:
-----------
added: <navigatevirtualkeyboard> advancedsettings to enable navigation in the virtual keyboard using the cursor keys. useful for remotes that sends keyboard codes. ticket #4959
Question 
Nazgulled Wrote:That advanced setting works fine for the full virtual keyboard, but when only the numpad is shown (for instance, on numeric locks), I can't navigate the virtual numpad... Bug or something else?

Any update on "navigate virtual numpad" ?

I have the same problem, virtual keyboard works, but numpad not.

The thing is that my remote and my brothers doesn't have numbers so we really need this option Oo

Any help would be highly appreciated Nod
I created a trac item and submited a patch for this, but no one picked it up yet:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6257
Well,

we should cross our fingers and wait Big Grin
Hi,

is there a fix for this yet? I have the latest Dharma-build, but I cannot navigate the virtual keyboard using the arrow keys, instead, XBMC moves only in the inputbox, but not the keys on the virtual keyboard.

I wonder why you cant switch the focus from inputline to keyboard using the TAB key?
In Settings > System > Input Devices, turn on "Remote control sends keyboard presses".
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use the virtual keyboard with the arrow keys?0