Can't set resolution to 1920x1080, it falls back to 1680x1050
Hi,

I'm using SVN rev17890 and I'm not able to set XBMC's resolution to 1920x1080 @ 50.00Hz. Whever I try that and press "Test resolution", XBMC always falls back to 1680x1050 @ 59.94Hz.

What's up with that?

Yes, I'm sure my TV and display supports 1080p resolution, I can set it in NVIDIA control panel and it works fine. If I set XBMC resolution to "Auto" and the desktop resolution to 1080p and then run XBMC, it works just fine...

Although, I don't want to use "Auto", because I want my desktop resolution set to 1280x720 and XBMC set to 1920x1080 and for that to happen, I need to specify XBMC's resolution and not leave it on "Auto".

But like I said on the top, it's not working, it always falls back to 1680x1050 @ 59.94Hz. I can set resolutions below 1680x1050 without problems by the way (in case it's important to know).

Any idea why?
What happens if you set your desktop to 1920x1080, then set XBMC to 1920x1080, then exit XBMC, change your desktop back to 1280x720 and reload XBMC?
It still starts in 1680x1050 @ 59.94Hz Sad
No more ideas people? I really wanted to get rid of the script VBScript I'm currently using for this to work properly...

It's weird that I'm the only one with this problem :S
Are you using '-fs' to launch?

I just tried on my set up by setting the desktop to 1280x720 and XBMC launched in 1920x1080 full screen just fine.
Yes, I'm using the -fs switch...
I just ran into this bug too, I use 1360x768 on my tv and it will reset my screen everytime so that i have to go in through VNC to re-set the screen

17890-jester build is the one i noticed it on
I'll DL the newest now and see if it still exists
ok. tested with 18004-jester
go in, Desktop was set to 1360x768
start XBMC, started at 1280x768
set to 1360x768, hit test - works
look at resolution listed, and it shows 1280x1024 @ 150Hz
(note: all the resolutions i set to 72Hz)
re-set the proper resolution, no test, exit menu
re-enter menu, shows 1280x1024 @ 150Hz

My next step is to see what happens if that resolution isnt in the config file

EDIT: Seems if i remove the offending resolutions, XBMC places them back in.

Also, if i set the screen to 1280x768 @ 72Hz, it leaves it alone. (can restart into XBMC at user set resolution)
XBMC gets the resolution infos from windows and only from the primary device yet. Depending which monitor is set as primary it only sees those resolutions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So, no idea on what's causing the problem? Sad
Nope. But as already stated in some other threads the graphic output needs a revise and I hope that CaptainBry will bring that what he started to a working end Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I'm not sure what you are talking about, where can I read more about it?
This thread - Newest builds won't even load and this comment specifically -
WiSo Wrote:Thanks for all the reports we more or less know whats going on.
The fix isn't that easy though as it needs a redesign of the resolution settings.
Hitcher Wrote:This thread - Newest builds won't even load and this comment specifically -

Not exactly. That is a different problem and concerns only the resolution settings Smile
We still have open issues with full screen, vsync, 2nd monitor, etc which needs a fix too.
Just to let you know that I've updated to rev18115 and problem persists Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't set resolution to 1920x1080, it falls back to 1680x10500