Can't set resolution to 1920x1080, it falls back to 1680x1050
I haven't got the time to update my XBMC build latetly and I'm just wondering if any progress has been made regarding the things WiSo just said on the second post above this one? Any possibility that my issue is fixed?

I'm going to see if I have a couple of minutes to update my build this weekend...

I'm also sort of bumping this thread as XBMC entered feature freeze and needs bug reports so, here's one Tongue
Just so you know, I've updated my graphic drivers and XBMC build to 19053 and the problem persists Sad
Try adding the resolution ID (found in userdata\guisettings.xml) to your advancedsettings.xml like so -

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videoscreen>
<resolution>53</resolution>
</videoscreen>

</advancedsettings>

This worked for my problem here.
I'll have to try it, but only next weekend (when I have access to my HTPC). I suppose it restores the resolution back to the desktop default?

Either way, this is a bug (maybe) that should be fixed... Of course, finding the cause for it can be hard, specially if I'm the only one with the problem...

This also goes for your thread there, you find the solution for your problem but it's not a solution, it's a workaround, maybe you should create a ticket with your problem and the suggestion to restore the resolution/refresh rate. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'll report back in a week or sooner if I get my way around connecting to my home HTPC through remote administration, which is not working for some stupid reason :/
Hitcher's workaround didn't work... I looked for the proper ID for 1920x1080@50Hz on guisettings.xml (which was 199 on my machine) and set it on advancedsettings.xml but it always sets the resolution to 1680x1050 @ 59.94Hz.

I'm sure the advancedsettings value was correctly inputed cause I troed to set diferent IDs and it was working.

P.S: Yeah, I know I said I would only test this on the weekend but I connected my home HTPC through remote adminsitration and tested it.

I think I'm going create a trac item for this to get better/proper attention.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't set resolution to 1920x1080, it falls back to 1680x10500