Getting XBMC running on an external screen.
So I've got a MacBook hooked up to LCD TV through DVI. But no matter what I do it just doesn't want to run on the external screen.

I mean...I go into the appearance config section and go into Screen. I cycle through the options and '1360x768 (Screen #2)' is listed so a select that and hit test and it displays it on my laptop screen, not the external monitor. Its all very weird.
virduk Wrote:So I've got a MacBook hooked up to LCD TV through DVI. But no matter what I do it just doesn't want to run on the external screen.

I mean...I go into the appearance config section and go into Screen. I cycle through the options and '1360x768 (Screen #2)' is listed so a select that and hit test and it displays it on my laptop screen, not the external monitor. Its all very weird.

start windowed, move the window to your external display, type "\" to go fullscreen, done.
Hello All

Just got my first Mac for 14 days ago. So please be beginner friendly Wink

I XBMC screen setup i can choose 1280x720 (Screen 2 fullscreen) If i choose that xbmc just makes a 1280x720 windowed at 0,0 screen 1.

Can I force XBMC to start on another screen?

My solution is setting screen 2 (My plasma / projektor via hdmi) as primary display by dragging the pulldown bar to screen 2 under settings. The starting XBMC.

Regards Tommy Fer
Green apple
Hi again

This really dosn't solve my problem, yes you can do this every time you start xbmc. But this isn't really wife friendly.

by the way "\" is made by pressing shift+alt+7 on my danish keyboard...

Regards Tommy Fer
Hi again

Just installed plex, based on xbmc right? It works like a charm, just tell it to go fullscreen on screen 2, no problems, it just does.

Maybe this should be opend as a ticket for future version? I mean for me it looks like a bug.

Regards Tommy Fer
Press cmd+f for full screen and to toggle back to windowed.

As davilla said.. start XBMC on primary screen, drag to secondary screen (TV), press cmd+f for full screen. If anyone know a better way, please let it be known Smile

Also.. I had to change the default XBMC resolution, which is set to "auto", to the same resolution my TV had. If its set to "auto", it goes back to windowed mode if you exit a video (rev17735). Bug?

Cheers
tommyfer Wrote:Hi again

Just installed plex, based on xbmc right? It works like a charm, just tell it to go fullscreen on screen 2, no problems, it just does.

Maybe this should be opend as a ticket for future version? I mean for me it looks like a bug.

Regards Tommy Fer

It's not a bug, the current code is not designed to remember which display xbmc was last running on and return to that screen on startup. This would be a feature enhancement.
buy an appletv. Put XBMC on it. Connect remotely to your laptop.

Problem solved.
garyi Wrote:buy an appletv. Put XBMC on it. Connect remotely to your laptop.

Problem solved.

Which apple tv does play 1080p MKV without stuttering?
tommyfer Wrote:Which apple tv does play 1080p MKV without stuttering?

none.
I have created ticket 5960. For a future version. Thank you very much for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting XBMC running on an external screen.0