Slow subtitle/audio track switching on DVD/MKV
Sorry if these are known issues but I searched the forum and couldn't find relevant information about it...

I was configuring all my remote buttons properly and when I come across testing the "switch audio tracks" and "switch subtitles" buttons, I realized they are not working as expected.

I come from MediaPortal and I'm glad I switched to XBMC but in MediaPortal, I would press those buttons and the audio/subtitles would switch immediately, either on DVD or MKV files. In XBMC this doesn't happen, it takes a while and sometimes it doesn't even work, I have skip the movie a bit to get the new subtitle/audio track. Sometimes, if I don't skip or fast forward or do something, the next audio track/subtitles will not be loaded or it will take a lot of time to do so.

I now that DVD playback has issues, I've read about it in the forums in a lot of topics and I can understand this behavior in DVD movies, but not on MKV files. Is it because the problem is on DVDPlayer and no the DVD playback itself?

Are these known issues? If so, can someone point me to the trac items (if they exist) cause I couldn't find anything...
I forgot about this... No one knows anything about it?
more than likely your expiriencing this bug
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5779
if your file/DVD doesnt seek well, it'll freak alittle, but if you just hit change track, and the file seeks fine, you'll go into a "fast forward" of the video until the audio and video sync. (usually about 10-20 seconds) skiping forward and back again seems to wok fine for me when this happens, but i still would like to see this fixed.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that trac item!
Oh. So I was not the only one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow subtitle/audio track switching on DVD/MKV0