Streaming for all plugins stopped working - any suggestions?..
Question 
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has a suggestion regarding this issue. I'm running one of the latest SVN builds of XBMC-Linux (17926). Some time ago (late January) I had quite a few video plugins setup (VideoMonkey, CNN, Apple Showtime, Hulu, etc) and working, streaming video from numerous sites. At some point, every single plugin stopped working (meaning, could no longer fetch content from the sites and stream video). Some plugins could still fetch initial stream listings (like Apple), others (like VideoMonkey) couldn't do even that.

I searched the forums and haven't seen any complains lately re: this issue, so I guess it's smth in my setup.

I'm still trying to debug it by going through the log, but so far it looks like for some reason XBMC can't open the urls (even though I can open them from the same box through wget). I'll post the logs tomorrow if I still won't be able to find the answer.

In the meantime,

I wonder if anyone can confirm that at least some streaming plugins are working with the XBMC build I have (17926), and if so, what are these plugins, so that I can try them on my setup.

Also, what is the procedure for 'clean' reinstall of the plugins? Is there anything should be cleaned from the userdata directory? Or I only need to remove the content of 'plugin/video' directory?

Thanks,

Vlad
Hmm, that's weird - I don't even see any output in the XBMC log when a pluging is trying to access the net. The XBMC just shows 'CNN Video, loading directory' box with a cancel button. But the same behaviour is valid for any other plugin (it just hangs on retrieving the data).

The box does have connectivity to the net. Even the core XBMC-Linux seems to be able to access the net correctly (eg, the Weather is updated correctly from the Weather.com site, etc).

Might it be that somehow my python install got screwed up? Which version of the python the plugins rely on?

Vlad
turn on debug logging and pastebin the log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Started working already - must have been some glitch in a couple of builds some time ago. Works good now (at least some plugins)....

Vlad
Another user reported a libcurl upgrade for ubuntu had broken http stuff. Perhaps this is your case?

EDIT: The pertinent thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46386

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming for all plugins stopped working - any suggestions?..0