Buffering issue using XBMC on Apple TV
I use my MacBook Pro as an Apple TV remote share over WiFi. Every time I start playing an avi or mv4(?) clip, the picture stutters a lot. However, if I go back to the menu and select the avi again (while the avi is still streaming in the background), the screen will turn black for a few seconds and it'll say "buffering..." in white letters. The clip will then restart and it'll buffer perfectly. This happens 100% of the time. Does anyone know what I may have misconfigured?
Try increasing the LAN buffer (maybe something around 8MB will help)
I have had this problem in the past also, but it was on the AppleTV connecting to at Windows Home Server. I was using SMB connections and was experiencing the same buffering issues where I had to restart the video to get it to work, then after a while it would start stuttering during playback.

I have fixed this by changing from SMB to NFS connectivity from the AppleTV to the WHS. No all playback works the first time.
Krieg Wrote:Try increasing the LAN buffer (maybe something around 8MB will help)
I went to Settings->System->Cache and increased video cache - local network to 8MB but it didn't help. Is this what you meant?
Yes. You might have then some networking issues. Post a pastebin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issue using XBMC on Apple TV0