[RELEASE] Fancast (Video) Plugin - Plugin by rectalogic, has loads of Hulu content
Wink 
Anyone gotten a hold of the author to see if he has any updates for the goodness he put out last week....I'd like to watch movies from fancast but it doesn't seem to be able to construct the array?

--oh and the fancast is a great plugin...just wish Nova and Carrier worked )-:
tastypopsicle Wrote:Unfortunately, the Fancast plugin is not reliable. It doesn't play every TV series and people have said that it won't even play the movies. I think there is a bigger effort in getting the Hulu plugin to work. That's where the dev time appears to be based on forum posts. The quality of Hulu is much better and this new version of the plugin doesn't have commercials - so the payoff is looking better.

You must be a boxee user. The XBMC plugin never did have commercials. But let's be clear here for all the Hulu/Fox/NBC snoops who might be reading:

WE WOULD GLADLY WATCH COMMERCIALS ON HULU IF ALLOWED TO!

Not having commercials is NOT an "improvement". What we want is the convenience of Hulu, with or without commercials. We were never trying to steal anyone's copyrighted material. We want to watch it just like anyone with cable or an antenna, except we want the convenience and flexibility that Hulu offers.
What are the chances of putting the season/episode into the description and/or sorting by that when viewing the episode listing? I really don't know python all that well, but it looks like it would be in the 'episodelist.py' file. I have checked to see if the rss stream supplies that info (season/episodeNum tags), and it does. I'm going to hack around, and see if I can get it, but I figured there might be someone watching that could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Ok, in the 'episodelist.py' script, Underneath this line:
Code:
title =  xml.getChildData(item, mediaNS, 'title')
I added:
Code:
if (xml.getChildData(item, cimNS, 'season') != "-1"): title = "S" + xml.getChildData(item, cimNS, 'season') + "E"+xml.getChildData(item, cimNS, 'episodeNum')+ ": "+xml.getChildData(item, mediaNS, 'title')

It looks like not every show has season/episodeNum info though. Thought I would post this if anyone was interested.

It's a shame that fancast doesn't host a smaller XML with just the movies in it. I removed all of the tv shows from the 'allvideos.xml', uploaded to my home webserver, and modified the url in the 'serieslist.py' script, and now have access to the movies.
Fancast is working for me on XBOX1 (TV series).
The problem I have is that the latest episodes of '24' and Heroes are not shown on the list. I can see them on the Fancast website and could play them on my laptop. Is there something that needs to be done to download the latest episode list when I start the Fancast plugin?
I hope this is enough information to enable the knowledgeable to help
sion28 Wrote:You must be a boxee user. The XBMC plugin never did have commercials. But let's be clear here for all the Hulu/Fox/NBC snoops who might be reading:

WE WOULD GLADLY WATCH COMMERCIALS ON HULU IF ALLOWED TO!

Not having commercials is NOT an "improvement". What we want is the convenience of Hulu, with or without commercials. We were never trying to steal anyone's copyrighted material. We want to watch it just like anyone with cable or an antenna, except we want the convenience and flexibility that Hulu offers.

I am a Boxee user. I just wanted to add that I agree 100% that I would GLADLY watch the commercials if Hulu worked in Boxee. If I want to watch TV episodes in Boxee I have to resort to torrents which doesn't help the folks at Fox/NBC at all.
XBMC/Xbox would also agree that hulu with adds would be far preferable to no hulu at all! Fancast is OK by me, most of the shows I like are working, so I can't complain.
FYI Fancast plugin fans - this article points to the possibility of Fancast going to a subscriber option:

http://www.wral.com/news/technology/story/4603936/

Not reality yet, but looks like it is being investigated.
I can only see TV shows with the Fancast plugin. The movie folders are all empty. What gives?
I believe some of the suits that put the pressure on were cable operators that pay a fee to deliver some of the content...so I would like to add, that I would be happy to watch the pre-existing ads as well as an ad meant to describe the convenience of cable TV. Seriously, it would be fine with me.
The current version of the plugin has the same problem the hulu plugin did if the rtmp url has a semicolon in it.
I've been noticing that shows from NBC only (30 Rock, Chuck, Heroes), keep failing. Below is the log:
Code:
13:30:05 T:2684407808 M: 38014976  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: rtmp://cp39470.hulu.com/ondemand/?auth=daEaideaFdvdRaKbRdgd1b9bMd3cma2a6am-bjPzXc-8-4qJBsFo1Dxs&aifp=NS20070910&slist=content/39484/14/528/HuluTranscode_68084_79247_FLASH_480K_16x9_23_977__6NoLhyyms0G-SUHthD6j2w;.international=false
13:30:05 T:2684407808 M: 38014976 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:30:05 T:56647680 M: 38006784  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:30:05 T:56676352 M: 38006784    INFO: Python script stopped
13:30:06 T:56647680 M: 36024320    INFO: CDVDFactorySubtitle::GetSubtitles, searching subtitles
13:30:06 T:56647680 M: 36032512    INFO: CDVDFactorySubtitle::GetSubtitles, searching subtitles done
13:30:06 T:56647680 M: 36032512  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
13:30:07 T:56647680 M: 35438592   ERROR: Open - error reading from input stream, rtmp://cp39470.hulu.com/ondemand/?auth=daEaideaFdvdRaKbRdgd1b9bMd3cma2a6am-bjPzXc-8-4qJBsFo1Dxs&aifp=NS20070910&slist=content/39484/14/528/HuluTranscode_68084_79247_FLASH_480K_16x9_23_977__6NoLhyyms0G-SUHthD6j2w;.international=false
13:30:07 T:56647680 M: 35446784   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
13:30:07 T:56647680 M: 35446784  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
The ";.international=false" bit looks strange. I have never seen that in other streams.
liquid64 Wrote:The ";.international=false" bit looks strange. I have never seen that in other streams.

Yeah, I wonder if that should not be included as part of the filename when parsing the slist to get the filename:

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/XBMC/...p.cpp#L519
I've modified episodeplayer.py to use the code found here when playing hulu urls. A copy can be found at http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/263833/episodeplayer.py. This fixes the above problem.
kreach Wrote:I've modified episodeplayer.py to use the code found here when playing hulu urls. A copy can be found at http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/263833/episodeplayer.py. This fixes the above problem.

I get a 500 error accessing that dropbox url.

Easiest way to submit patches is to clone the repository at github, commit all your changes to your cloned repo, then I can just git merge from that.

OK, dropbox is working now. I applied your patch on github, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Fancast (Video) Plugin - Plugin by rectalogic, has loads of Hulu content1