• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin
Thumbs Up 
Any developer discussion should take place here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=287676

This might work for xbox (and other platforms?), I haven't tested it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=542...tcount=198

http://gitorious.org/xbmc-hulu/pages/Home
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
So what's the latest on the Hulu plugin for XBMC/Boxee?
This thread will die a quick death w/o the dev's in here discussing and answering questions. I understand RWParris' concerns, but ... I have a feeling the dev thread is gonna be the place to be.

It would be nice if one of you devs who are deep into this could at least post an update once in a while about what the status is for different platforms, where/how to get any working plugins, etc.

In case you didn't notice, that's all any non-devs care about.
1 - Is there a working plugin for my platform?
2 - where do I get it, and how do I install it?

Keep answering those two questions every once in a while and you'll see a big drop in noob posts, I bet. :-)

But as always, great work and keep it up. I'm not much of a programmer so really just greatly appreciate all you who are and share your talents with the rest of us.
No reason dev won't post in here, it just won't be used for discussing the technical side of development. It is a good thing, many other plugins also separate development discussion and end user discussion.

Having a lot of information about things that aren't ready for prime time generally only confuses users.

EDIT: updated the first post with more info. If anyone else thinks it is missing anything, please let me know. I want to keep post #1 as updated as possible so that we don't have a ton of users asking simple, already answered questions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Okay, here are your options as an end-user:

1. Use the Fancast plugin which has some Hulu content, but not all. Fancast discussion is in this thread.

2. If you're smart or lucky or both, you might have luck with the Gnash version of the Hulu plugin. You'll have to download Gnash, and edit your plugin settings file to point to the path of the executable. Probably won't work on XBox, and I didn't have any luck with it on Windows (but I gave up rather early)

3. Wait for someone to come up with a better idea, I guess. Right now I'm trying to see if I can make an updated dirty fix. It's going alright, but I hate cryptography and have a brain-ache, so lets hope I don't have any motivational issues. Hulu's just going to break it shortly thereafter anyway so don't hold your breath.
NPerez Wrote:But I hate cryptography and have a brain-ache, so lets hope I don't have any motivational issues.

which is exactly why I gave up on it (for now) Rolleyes

i am a boxee user and i was able to get it working after some time but i had to install gnash from source.
the debian/ubuntu package didn't work. what's funny is that hulu on boxee prior to the cutoff didn't work well. you could play but not pause/fastforward/rewind this plugin allows all playback controls AND doesn't have any commercials now.

big ups to all the devs
still waiting to here if it's possible on the xbox
changes that require gnash in svn. you can now use the svn installer to get this version. thanks a million retalogic! Nod

Quote:[Hulu]
changed: use sec.swf directly to decrypt pid. requires gnash to be installed on user's system.
(thanks retalogic!)

1st post updated

wonslung Wrote:i am a boxee user and i was able to get it working after some time but i had to install gnash from source.
the debian/ubuntu package didn't work.

I'm wondering what sort of problems you had that made you recompile gnash from source. I installed the updated plugin on Boxee/Ubuntu 8.10 with gnash installed from the ubuntu package. It seems to work, except for the fact I have no sound!

Was this the same problem you ran into?
the plugin keeps coming back saying that the gnash file doesn't exist...but it does, and I already edited the settings.xml file to point to it. Am I missing something here? I tried to figure out how to compile it myself but couldn't so I just found a precompiled one..
PsyberS Wrote:I'm wondering what sort of problems you had that made you recompile gnash from source. I installed the updated plugin on Boxee/Ubuntu 8.10 with gnash installed from the ubuntu package. It seems to work, except for the fact I have no sound!

Was this the same problem you ran into?
no, i couldn't get it to work at all on ubuntu 8.04 32bit so before giving up i decided to compile it from source, i got the newest version of gnash and did apt-get build-dep gnash then tried to compile it, still got an error but luckily the error told me the exact packages i needed, i downloaded them all (except something called ming which i didn't get) and then i tried again, this time it worked and i've been using hulu all night
I've been unable to get it to work on Windows. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.
carlitozway Wrote:I've been unable to get it to work on Windows. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

i read somewhere that someone is trying to use webkit to get things working.

This should make it work on all systems
Hi rwparris2,

Sorry for asking but I just want to be sure I understood you first message: the current version in xbmc-addons is the one working on Xbox or it is the one needing gnash (which does not work on XBOX)?
Or now since changes on Hulu, Hulin plugin cannot work without gnash and consequently on Xbox?
Thanks for answering and great job, even thus I cannot enjoy it being outside US Sad

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Quote: Hi rwparris2,

Sorry for asking but I just want to be sure I understood you first message: the current version in xbmc-addons is the one working on Xbox or it is the one needing gnash (which does not work on XBOX)?
Or now since changes on Hulu, Hulin plugin cannot work without gnash and consequently on Xbox?
Thanks for answering and great job, even thus I cannot enjoy it being outside US Sad

The one in SVN does require gnash. Updated 1st post to make it more clear.
Anything else that is unclear feel free to ask about, I'm not the best writer/speaker in the world Confused

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin1