• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin
hi
can i use this plugin outside us? (ip check disabled)
thanks for the update and thread split. was too confusing before. now I got my answer as to the status of hulu on xbox classic.
wonslung Wrote:i read somewhere that someone is trying to use webkit to get things working.

Where did you read that?

Plex currently uses the webkit framework to get hulu content by cropping out just the hulu player so it's definitely possible, and should be approached by devs who know how to do such a thing, but I haven't actually read that anyone is trying it unfortunately.
Dick-Perry Wrote:hi
can i use this plugin outside us? (ip check disabled)

There is no way that I know of to disable the IP Check, can you elaborate on what you mean by 'ip check disabled' ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
RWP -- re: gnash working on Mac OS X, yes, it does. I followed the instructions listed here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=287...tcount=650

and then confirmed it with

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=287...tcount=654
will there be a Hulu plugin for the xbox(without gnash) is there something besides fancast (the original plugin ) that we can get to work (by refreshing the decrypt.swf)

I love xbmc on the xbox, if its just a matter of redownloading the swf file
can you tell me the url for the decrypt and the place where I can get the original source.
or am I just dreaming about ever playing hulu on the xbox?
Is there any way someone who has gotten gnash to work can post some links on what they used specifically for windows on a new thread?

I've tried 3 different versions of installs, and cannot seem to get it to work.
I got hulu installed on XBMC and I am having trouble starting the videos. I click play then does nothing. How can I get this media to start playing?
You will not get any responses unless you do some reading and try to educate yourself first. Do a search of the forums for Hulu.
joebrady Wrote:You will not get any responses unless you do some reading and try to educate yourself first. Do a search of the forums for Hulu.

Very high and mighty of you. I really hate it when the "experts" refuse to answer a question from a noob just because it SEEMS like common sense to them.

How about this as a strategy: call the noob out for being a clueless lazy noob, then rise above and answer the question anyway. Then suggest that next time he could probably answer the question for himself with a little effort.

That way the forum doesn't appear to be populated with pompus jerks. Rolleyes

To aacore: Hulu stopped access to their streams by programs like xbmc and it's younger sibling boxee, due to pressure from "content providers". Nobody can watch anything from hulu right now (well, some can, but it's not as easy as it was, and if you have xbmc running on an xbox it's pretty much impossible.)

The fancast plugin is a decent second choice for now.
Here is what I did to try to get Hulu to work on windows:
I downloaded gnash from:
http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/D...21619.html

Extracted the gnash files to c:\gnash.
modified:
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\video\Hulu\resources\settings.xml
to point the gnash_path setting to c:\gnash\gnash.exe
as below:

<setting id='gnash_path' type ="text" label="30020" default="c:\gnash\gnash.exe"/>

After that I was able to go to Hulu and browse various folders for all the videos available there. However whenever I click on any video to view it, I get the following error:

Error
Python script failed:
special://home/plugins/video/Hulu/default.py

Any ideas what I need to do? Where can I find more information about this?
My largest issue at the moment seems to be related to this error.

Quote:04:12:46 T:2912586640 M: 12058624 NOTICE: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
04:12:46 T:2912586640 M: 11948032 NOTICE:
04:12:46 T:2912586640 M: 11948032 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
04:12:46 T:2912586640 M: 11436032 INFO: Python script stopped

I am decoding the pid just fine, but the video playback is yet to show itself.

I also get

Quote:04:12:46 T:2912586640 M: 11665408 ERROR: dll_fstat64 emulated function failed
04:12:46 T:2912586640 M: 11665408 WARNING: dll_setvbuf - May not be implemented correctly

I think those are less important, but I'm not entirely sure.
aacore, I'm having the same problem, I have the most recent release of T3CH. I get through the folders, but can't start the series. I see some discussions where PlayOn was used on the PC, but it isn't clear that it is required, since the main forum discussion hadn't mentioned it in the information I went through. Check out Hulu Thread, anyway, I'll be searching through and if I find anything I'll let you know. Please do the same if you find anything.
did they break this plugin again?
Hey thanks for the responses. To that senior member, i did so some research and did know hulu didn't work with boxee. I guess i missed where it said XBMC. I will try that fancast plugin and see how that is. Thanks for the information!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin1