Weather infolabels: just the numbers?
Would it be possible to get an infolabel with just the numbers for weather temperatures, ditching the bit with degrees celsius etc? Alternatively, maybe create a separate label for the units you can stick on the end. I ask because having the label so wide makes things a bit cumbersome for skinning - in my experience, at least.
Looks doable.

The question is w(ea|he)ther or not I should change weather.temperature and add weather.temperatureandunits and weather.units.

I can easily update all the skins in the skinning SVN, along with PM3 and PM3.HD ofcourse.

That would leave Aeon, MiniMeedia and Focus as being out of date. Hardly a deal breaker - it just won't show the units.

Thoughts?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sounds like a good solution to me. Aeon not being updated won't be a problem in a few weeks anyway.
jmarshall, remember there are now window.property()'s for weather that are available throughout the skin.

would it be better to just use those? it would tie in better if you accept the weather plugin patch (or a variant).
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Good idea Nuka1195.

I've added System.TemperatureUnits and changed all the weather Window.Property()'s to no longer have the units. r18045.

Duncan: Check out PM3.HD for how it's done. All of the ones in MyWeather.xml are available everywhere in the skin btw.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Cheers for that.
one slight issue, when the temp does not show, like High dissappears after a certain time of day, the temp units still display.

would nesting the $INFO[property,,$INFO[tmpunit]] fix that?

edit: yes this works.

<label>$INFO[Window.Property(Day0.HighTemp),,$INFO[System.TemperatureUnits]]</label>
<label>$INFO[Window.Property(Day0.HighTemp),,$INFO[System.TemperatureUnits]]</label>

while that works if day0.hightemp is empty if it's not the second $INFO[] does not resolve.

should it?
No, it shouldn't. Recursive info labels aren't an option.

Are we any closer to getting the Refresh / Location functionality on the Home page? Not that I have a clue how such a thing would be done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather infolabels: just the numbers?0