Slow start when playing music track (over SMB)
Hi

I'm experiencing an issue when playing music from an samba share (Debian machine).

The issue is as follows: when you click on a track to play it, or click next when currently playing a track, there is a delay of about 20 seconds where XBMC looks like it's locked up. After the 20s is up, it plays the file.

I don't have any problems streaming the audio at all (or video for that matter) so can't quite work out why it takes so long to start.

Here ->http://pastebin.com/m706a02c1 is an extract from the log (debug level 3) where I've tried to play a track. I hit the play button at line 1 and the track actually starts playing at line 13.

It seems to do this

CFileSMB::Open - opened mikey-data/music/FLAC/James Blunt - All the Lost Souls/01 - 1973 - James Blunt.flac, fd=10000

twice with a delay in between.

This happens on all tracks and all albums, whether in our out of library mode.

Interestingly browsing SMB shares performs quite nicely. There is just this consistent delay every time it tries to play one of the files.

Any ideas? All contributions welcome!

XBMC Version : Atlantis 8.10
Video : NVidia GeForce 6200
1 Gb RAM, 2.8Ghz P4
Smile 
Hi,

I'm running into the same problem with an ASRock ION 330HT in combination with XBMC Live 9.11 and was wondering if you found a solution yet?

Cheers,

Dennis
Search the forums for ipv6, there should be a few recent threads regarding Live 9.11.
Same issue for me (9.11 live tricore AMD 3200 integrated). Ive done a search of ipv6 but nothing comes up. Everything else is great apart from the same 20second pause. 1080p (12gb) streams ok so it isnt a network capacity issue.
I've been experiencing the same issues for quite some time (9.11 alpha) with video files (mostly .mkv) Pre-9.11 this never happened on the same machine.
I have no issues with video files - this only happens with music files for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow start when playing music track (over SMB)0