[WINDOWS] Setting Movie Details and Description Manually (Offline and no IMDB.com)
Hi guys!

I have been tinkering and reading through the user manual for ways of manually customizing the XBMC. My version rides on a MS Vista Starter with a AMD Athlon X2 1.9GHz Dual Core processor, 256MB ATI Radeon Video Card and 3GB of DDR2 RAM. I am currently at the part where one could assign the Icon Thumbnails (*.tbn) for the movie clips, videos and full length features.

I would like to know if there is a way or ways of manually assigning a description to a movie or video file. As you may all know, we could assign our custom icons, sub-titles and foreign language support by simply changing the file's extension to the proper file extension suffix. Is there a way for users to assign the video or movie description through the same method and not go online to fetch movie details through IMDB.com or the like. I've been scouring the net for this particular solution and I can't seem to find it. I'm a newbie at XBMC and I would like to ask for help regarding this.

Hope someone could help! Thanks!
Read further and look into .nfo files.

Welcome to the forums!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks! I'll look into it!
Hey Guys!

The scrapper looks ok. It allows me to get the info from places like IMDB and then save it as an .nfo file. However, I was wondering what if the movie is not in any scrapper sites? How do I make .nfo for them? I would like to make scrapper info for the movies I have created. Would that be possible?

Thanks!
Hey!

I'm able to create my .nfo file through a software I have downloaded through the forums. I am trying to add the .nfo file I've made to the library through an update but it doesn't seem to work. I've done the following...

1. Create a .nfo file and placed it in the same folder as the movie it is associated with and added the movie in XBMC.
2. Exported my Library Data and then imported it back to XBMC.
3. Exported my Library Data, manipulated the .xml file with the tags found in the user guide section for .nfo files and imported it back to my XBMC.

In all instances, I followed the instructions stated in the Online Manual for .xml tags in my manipulation of the exported library data. I would like to know if I missed any steps or if I need to do anything else.

Thanks for the help guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Setting Movie Details and Description Manually (Offline and no IMDB.com)0