skin-fonts not in the right place in Symbol 1.3
thx it works now.i did have the script.i ftp'd it to tht xbox but think something went wrong. did it again and now it works.thanks again!!
btw: a suggestion. when viewing my moviesettings while watching a movie,there is a small screen of the movie also in the settingsscreen but its exactly covering a few options (calibrate subtitles.) is it possible to change that?can you move that little screen all to the right? on the right side of the screen there enough space to put it.
oh i didn't see it, thank you!! i'll try to fix it tomorrow.
if you see anything else wrong let me know.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
nope its the only thing i have a 'problem' with. further there an isseu with text that doesnt fit(in dutch),but thats a string.xml problem.

early you mentioned that there has to be an id9 tag in strings.xml. now in the strings.xml im using(dutch) theres no id9 line bud it all works.webradio button shows up and it works too.

cheers joep
maybe it's enought to add the id9 string in english as it is the default language, good to know it.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
did some testing and yes it seems that when the webradio is implemented in the english strings.xml it automaticly works with other languages.(sort of auto-fill in?)it grabbes the name you give in the english strings.(when not using the id9 tag in an other language) ofcourse when you do put in the id9 tag in a specific strings.xml it uses the name you gave it there.

its doing the same thing with the cdripping.its not in the dutch string.xml but it does work when vieving in dutch.

conclusion: you dont have to edit the strings.xml's when its already is in the english string.xml.unless you want a specific word for it (other then in the english strings.xml)
:thumbsup:
do you have 720p support in the skin as well?
no i'm sorry, i need to find a way to test it.
i' ve at home a normal pal 4/3 tv, a small 7'' 16/9 lcd dispaly and a 14'' lcd vga display with an optional s-video in.
what is the resolution of a 720p tv? maybe i can use the 14'' lcd to test it.
maby a stupid question but isnt there an app that rescale the hole bunch to different resolutions? or do you have to do it all manually.
i have to make new xml files manually to specify all the dimensions and positions of images and buttons.
this because the "symbol" is not plain as the other skins.
if you look to project mayhem you can see that for most of other resolutions is enought to correct the reference.xml, but as you have discovered on my skin i'll need to change more then that.
understand that,but you cant test it.isnt it possible with an app to simulate a specific resolution on the pc?or a an app (like photoshop?)where it can be done?
understand that i dont really know what im talking about,dont have experience with skinning at all.(and im sick right now so cant think clear :nuts: )

did you try to contact the other skinners about this? pm en xbmc skins have it all.dont think those guys have a ntsc and pal also for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin-fonts not in the right place in Symbol 1.30