Mac XBMC on Intel GMA950 ABit LG95 motherboard with E6420 cpu
Hi!
I dont know if this is the right question for this. Since its an Hybrid (Mac&Windows question).
I currently have XBMC installed in a windowsXP environment, with onboard 7.1 configured and IR receiver from pinnacle PCTV card with original XBox remote working through uICE hotkey emulation.

I currently have an Abit LG95 motherboard with E6420 as a media center.
My question is if it is worth to install de XBMC Mac version with the "hacked" leopard DVD. Because as it states in XBMC download page the MAc version seems to be more stable and supported than the Windows port.
Would I improve the XBMC experience by using the Mac version in my PC?
Would I loose the possibility to use 7.1 sound and IR remote as I use today?

What's your opinion about it?

Thanks in advance,

Toze
Hackintosh have their own individual issues. If you pick the right install helper, if you luck out and get all the hardware bits working. Lot's of if's here. You are better first researching running OSX on your particular flavor hardware.

You don't just install OSX on intel hardware and expect it all to work. I've done a hackintosh, and quite frankly, it's a waste to time. It can be done but you are going to spend lot's of time figuring out all the little details.

I think you would have better luck (and spend less time running in circles) running a flavor of Ubuntu Linux and running XBMC for Linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac XBMC on Intel GMA950 ABit LG95 motherboard with E6420 cpu0