Will not find artist info
Hi everyone

Just started using xbmc and it's looking good. One major problem I'm having at the moment is that it just will not properly scrape for artist or album information. For example, if I try and look up "Pulp" as an artist for example it always says "not found" which is just wrong (in Linux). On the Mac version it just crashes.

The scrapper does indeed get some artists but the majority it just craps out on.

Am I doing something stupid? Is there a way to manually test the scrapper and what it's sending?

Cheers

Ross
As a workaround you can always use nfo files (unless this is a widespread problem of yours).
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp..._nfo_files
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tweekzilla Wrote:The scrapper does indeed get some artists but the majority it just craps out on.

This could be as a result of the scraper site timing out. Turn debug logging on and Scan for New Content on a directory that isn't in the library yet and see what is in the log.

I had much frustration over a similar matter and it turned out the log had several messages about a time out occurring when looking up the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will not find artist info0