VortexBox - open source NAS media server with Auto CD/DVD Ripper & BitTorrent Client
Hi prae5

Did you ever get the code donated or did real life take over Smile

Regards Skare
Sorry for the slow replies. Real life took over and i never really got things tidied up. I will see if i still have the code somewhere, if i do i will post it here and people are free to do with it as they see fit.

As for ripping to a network drive this is very easy.

I don't have access to my vortexbox at the moment so can't give exact paths. In short though all you need do is change the current rip destiantion and make it to a network source of your choice. I use nfs, but you could just as easily use samba, iscsi, etc...

e.g supposing vortex box rips to:
/some/path/mymusic/files

add a mount point to your fsatb to mount /some/path/mymusic/files to mount to your network source

xbmc can then access the files through vortexbox as normal, or alternatively directly to your network source.
We released VortexBox 1.7 last week. I know a lot of people on this forum are looking for an easy way to get their DVD collection onto a NAS so they can use it with XBMC.

VortexBox now has a completely automated solution for automatically ripping DVDs or CDs. VortexBox is open source and based on Fedora so you can easily install it on some old PC hardware.
Hi all. I have just installed vortexbox on an old PC and its all working great.

Time came this evening to connect to XBMC and its all gone tits.

I connected via SMB to the flac folder on vortexbox and XBMC simply does not understand anything thats been done. The music has scanned in ok and in files mode I can see album art etc, if I switch to files mode however there is no 'albums; 'artists' etc there is just nothing, back in files mode if I select an album and get info on it, XBMC does not recognise it. Thing is XBMC pulls up the keyboard waiting for me to put correct data in, but the data looks perfect for instance, artist: Pink Floyd, Album: Saucer full of secrets.

Even though XBMC has presented me this info it cannot seem to present it in library mode.

Whats gone wrong here?
Well anyway ignore that for some reason after deleting the database and trying again its worked all perfect like

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VortexBox - open source NAS media server with Auto CD/DVD Ripper & BitTorrent Client1