NATBur TVRenamer
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the command line arguments are for NATBur's TVRenamer? Or a link to where they are?

TIA,
Mark
hey check out "tv renamer" instead it has many more features and i could never get natburs to work properly. it also has easy command line arguments
I did check out TVrename, and I can't make heads or tails out of the Reg Ex, code that needs to be entered for some offbeat names. With TVrenamer, I can add an offbeat title directly to the program and it will remember the naming convention from then on. I find that much better and easier than TVrename.

Thanks anyway,
Mark
Might I recommend theRenamer, this is the application I use, it allows you to use it in command line. I hope this helps!

Reg
Hi Reginald,

I have tried TheRenamer as well. The thing that I didn't like about it was sometimes when I would come back to my PC, I would have a message on my screen from google saying that I have "exceeded my alotted number of searches" and was prohibited from doing any more searches for a while. I didn't know what to do to stop the excessive searches, so I stopped using it. I will probably go back to it though and try to configure the naming a little better.

Thanks,
Mark
I'm confused to what you mean you've used to many Google Searches? I wasn't aware it searched Google.

I've been using it for about a year or so and I've wrote some batch scripts that copy files into a folder at a certain time and it renames all of my shows and movies and of course it moves them to where I tell them.

Later I have another script that launches Media Info Plus via command line that grabs all my episode images.
I didn't realize it either until I started getting the google messages and then I read this on the TheRenamer page

When you drag shows to theRenamer, it first checks your database for the ShowName/IDcode.
IF the show is not listed in your database, it will try to google for it.
Once a successful file is renamed, theRenamer automatically adds the ShowName/IDcode to your database.

There is NO NEED to add the ShowName/IDcode for every show.
theRenamer does a great job in finding your show automatically, even with spelling errors in your file's ShowName.

I guess it was my fault I got all the google messages, but it also says that shows don't have to be entered into the database.

Mark
I guess I have been lucky as I haven't had it give me any errors yet, but I tend to put names manually into the list if I think it will have problems.

Reg
I tried having it add automatically, but it wasn't working for me.

So, I cranked up a couple episodes of Doughton's Abbey and waded through plugging them manually.

Now - no more google checks, and only at the cost of a couple of hours of my time. (I have a LOT of TV shows).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NATBur TVRenamer0