• 10(current)
Smoothvideo branch
bobo1on1 Wrote:alanwww1 can you post a debug log? I need to make sure the change in refreshrate was detected.

@Bobo1ono1

Here is my log with latest svn, latest nvidia driver, auto refresh rate on, xbmc quitting when i start playback. (with the same svn xbmc-mainbranch it does not quit)

http://pastebin.com/m7b7faebf
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Did you do a make clean first?

Also what's the output of "nvidia-settings -nt -q RefreshRate" ?
It seems to round to 23 hertz.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Did you do a make clean first?

Also what's the output of "nvidia-settings -nt -q RefreshRate" ?
It seems to round to 23 hertz.

I did make make clean first.

I have custom modlines in my xorg.conf ( http://pastebin.com/m6cea3df6 )

I have 50, 60, 23.98 set in the xorg.conf file. When i press "S" and i check the actual refresh rate in the info screen in the main menu. I see 23.98 exactly with a little fluctuation.

It was working very fine before the vdpau merge.
When i get home in the evening i will check the nvidia-settings output.

Thanks for the help !
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
There seems to be a bug in the nvidia drivers where glXWaitVideoSyncSGI just returns immediately without an error code and without updating the vblank counter after a change in the RandR mode, I put in a workaround for it which might help.

There's also a good chance I fixed the direct3d issues.

edit: The workaround works, except if you use vdpau, so smoothvideo + auto refreshrate is ok, smoothvideo + vdpau is ok, smoothvideo + auto refreshrate + vdpau is broken.
bobo1on1 Wrote:There seems to be a bug in the nvidia drivers where glXWaitVideoSyncSGI just returns immediately without an error code and without updating the vblank counter after a change in the RandR mode, I put in a workaround for it which might help.

Thank you for the efforts. Wink I will try it tonight.
bobo1on1 Wrote:There's also a good chance I fixed the direct3d issues.

Cool, that's the problem I was having wasn't it?
OK, today did a new install of this branch, together with vdpau support..
Playing a 1080p file, rescaling it to 1366 * 768 -> about 3% CPU usage and smooth as a baby skin.

THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE

You have done a great job!
It's to bad 9.04 has a feature freeze: They don't know what they are missing.

TFH is gonna watch some more flicks Smile
bobo1on1 Wrote:There seems to be a bug in the nvidia drivers where glXWaitVideoSyncSGI just returns immediately without an error code and without updating the vblank counter after a change in the RandR mode, I put in a workaround for it which might help.

edit: The workaround works, except if you use vdpau, so smoothvideo + auto refreshrate is ok, smoothvideo + vdpau is ok, smoothvideo + auto refreshrate + vdpau is broken.

@bobo1on1

There are great improvements in the new svns. I don't have a problem with crashing with auto refresh rate on. I have 25fps content playback silky-smooth even with vdpau enabled. Smile Really great work.

Except i still have a slight problem with 24fps contents. I have 2-3 frames skipping in every 2-3 seconds if resample or skip/duplicate is turned on. Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/m6fbbd260

It is strange that in the log it is still 23.00hz detected, but when i run
nvidia-setting -nt -q refreshrate

it writes: 23.97hz

You have any idea ? Maybe my custom modlines ? I had no problem with it until now.
Does anyone have a Windows build of this branch that I can use to test? I've been tinkering with video settings on the main build and it's just not working out.
Hitcher Wrote:Cool, that's the problem I was having wasn't it?
Yes.

TFHfony Wrote:OK, today did a new install of this branch, together with vdpau support..
Playing a 1080p file, rescaling it to 1366 * 768 -> about 3% CPU usage and smooth as a baby skin.

THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE

You have done a great job!
It's to bad 9.04 has a feature freeze: They don't know what they are missing.

TFH is gonna watch some more flicks Smile
Nice to know it works.

alanwww1 Wrote:@bobo1on1

There are great improvements in the new svns. I don't have a problem with crashing with auto refresh rate on. I have 25fps content playback silky-smooth even with vdpau enabled. Smile Really great work.

Except i still have a slight problem with 24fps contents. I have 2-3 frames skipping in every 2-3 seconds if resample or skip/duplicate is turned on. Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/m6fbbd260

It is strange that in the log it is still 23.00hz detected, but when i run
nvidia-setting -nt -q refreshrate

it writes: 23.97hz

You have any idea ? Maybe my custom modlines ? I had no problem with it until now.
Is that the exact output? I think fscanf doesn't like the fact that there's no space between the number and hz.
That's an easy fix, but in the meantime you can increase the pixelclock slightly so the refreshrate becomes 24 hertz.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Yes.

Excellent news, can't wait to try it out.
Compiled yesterday svn 19157, still had the same issue as in my previous post. Log is here

Though I think I noticed some improvements...
Just tried smooth video branch yesterday!!! It's wonderfull! Playing a lot of 23,976 movies at 24hz perfectly!!! It is as important as vdpau!! right now I will stick with smoothvideo on Hardy (multitread sofware decoding + smmothvideo) until it is compatible with VDPAU.

Thanks again!
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
wizzle Wrote:Does anyone have a Windows build of this branch that I can use to test? I've been tinkering with video settings on the main build and it's just not working out.

Another build: SmoothVideo branch Rev19172 merged with linuxport Rev19185.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j2myv0my0q2
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
PolliSoft Wrote:Another build: SmoothVideo branch Rev19172 merged with linuxport Rev19185.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j2myv0my0q2

Back to not finding 'CVideoReferenceClock:'.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smoothvideo branch0