• 12(current)
Smoothvideo branch
I have the same problem Hitcher has (refreshrate on or off)

Code:
DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: CreateDevice returned 2152
DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Cleaning up Direct3d
ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window settingscategory
ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression !Window.Previous(0) + !Window.Previous(SettingsCategory) + !Window.Previous(1001) + !Window.Previous(130) + !Window.Previous(34)
DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Setup failed twice in a row, falling back to QueryPerformanceCounter

This is on an ATI 4870x2 with XBMC rev. 19282 (Catalyst 9.3)

I run this from my main PC which is connected to my TV (hdmi) and my regular monitor.

Lemme know if you need more info or want me to try things.
Update from svn and try again.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Update from svn and try again.

I did and no more Direct3d setup problems, though my display gets detected as 60Hz (which is my pc's display refreshrate and not my TV's, I think this this is more of a SDL/multiple display issue though)

Hitcher, I put this version up for you here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7641a...eaa7bc68bc
Thanks both of you. I'll report back.
No joy I'm afraid, it's still the same.
kees1869 Wrote:I did and no more Direct3d setup problems, though my display gets detected as 60Hz (which is my pc's display refreshrate and not my TV's, I think this this is more of a SDL/multiple display issue though)

Hitcher, I put this version up for you here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7641a...eaa7bc68bc
How are you starting xbmc on your tv?

Hitcher Wrote:No joy I'm afraid, it's still the same.
The only thing I can think of is that there is something wrong with your windows installation.
@bobo1on1
The issue with the coma and point problem was solved. Well done !
Now my refresh rate is correctly detected as 23.969999Hz
Edit: Why is it roundded up to 24hz ? Doesn't it cause some more skipping ?
I will make further testing.

One question: What happens if i select resample, but i play an ac3 or DTS encoded video with passthrough. Does it fall back to skip/duplicate ?

Thanks
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bobo1on1 Wrote:How are you starting xbmc on your tv?

I'm using SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 -p -fs as arguments. (I start via IR Server Suite which calls an UltraMon shortcut, that opens up the secondary display for me and launches XBMC with the above mentioned arguments)

My TV runs in 1080i, so I would expect a refreshrate of 30Hz (that's also what I have UltraMon set it to).

I tried the new svn update (19303), still gets detected as 60Hz.
The branch is not working for me on linux (arch linux, but I don't believe this time this is a matter of newer build tools). Xbmc crashes with an exception on startup. This does not happen with several recent versions in the normal linuxport branch (newest being 19309). See the pastebin for the relevant logs and xorg modeline:

http://pastebin.com/mba3024e

I am thinking that maybe my custom modeline I need for my projector for pixel perfect output might be the problem.
alanwww1 Wrote:@bobo1on1
The issue with the coma and point problem was solved. Well done !
Now my refresh rate is correctly detected as 23.969999Hz
Edit: Why is it roundded up to 24hz ? Doesn't it cause some more skipping ?
I will make further testing.

One question: What happens if i select resample, but i play an ac3 or DTS encoded video with passthrough. Does it fall back to skip/duplicate ?

Thanks
If you choose resample with passthrough, it uses skip/duplicate but the speed change is still enabled, so don't do that.
Rounding the refreshrate doesn't matter, it's done because RandR and direct3d both return the refreshrate as an integer and I want to keep things consistent.

kees1869 Wrote:I'm using SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 -p -fs as arguments. (I start via IR Server Suite which calls an UltraMon shortcut, that opens up the secondary display for me and launches XBMC with the above mentioned arguments)

My TV runs in 1080i, so I would expect a refreshrate of 30Hz (that's also what I have UltraMon set it to).

I tried the new svn update (19303), still gets detected as 60Hz.
I guess I could read out that environment variable and start direct3d on that adapter.
bobo1on1 Wrote:The only thing I can think of is that there is something wrong with your windows installation.
I might give it go on XP.
bobo1on1 Wrote:If you choose resample with passthrough, it uses skip/duplicate but the speed change is still enabled, so don't do that.
Confused!
Do you mean we should use skip/duplicate if we're using passthrough or not?
Hitcher Wrote:I might give it go on XP.

Maybe there's something running on your system that interferes with the message handling, some hook perhaps. You run a dedicated HTPC?
Hitcher Wrote:Confused!
Do you mean we should use skip/duplicate if we're using passthrough or not?

You should not choose resample, I suggest you choose clock feedback which may cause some extra jerks in the video instead of annoying clicks in the audio.
hotzenpl0tz Wrote:The branch is not working for me on linux (arch linux, but I don't believe this time this is a matter of newer build tools). Xbmc crashes with an exception on startup. This does not happen with several recent versions in the normal linuxport branch (newest being 19309). See the pastebin for the relevant logs and xorg modeline:

http://pastebin.com/mba3024e

I am thinking that maybe my custom modeline I need for my projector for pixel perfect output might be the problem.
Can you post the entire debug log?
Sure thing, thanks for looking into it:

http://pastebin.com/m675d7cf0
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smoothvideo branch0