• 19(current)
Smoothvideo branch
Yes, I know, but I could really see even the slightest of of frame drops with my own eyes. That's why I was staring at the screen so intensively Big Grin
bobo1on1 Wrote:You can't really trust the fps info a lot, most fluctuations are just a wrong measurement.

I've updated my branch which should help a bit.

After seeing that you partially reverted back to 19617 I just had to make a new build. I was able to quickly test some videos and it seems that the severe fps drops and dropped video frames are history with revision 19876! Nice job Smile Hopefully you can provide this info to the other developers to help others too.

I can still see the fps occasionally dropping to around 22,98fps from the OSD with 23,976fps material (like it did with revision 19594) but it seemed that this time there were no noticeable freeze in the video. Will test more thoroughly when I can and provide a log.

EDIT: Here is the log with revision 19876. I tried various video files and they all played back perfectly to my eyes. I can still see same kind of warnings in the log as I did before, but this time they don't seem to affect the playback Smile
ubiq, want to share your build?
Sure, just tell me exactly what you want to have. The whole XBMC folder that I did ./configure and make in? I'm running this on Linux so I don't know if that really is what you want?
Ah, I'm on Windows so never mind.
Hitcher Wrote:Ah, I'm on Windows so never mind.

Here is the latest windows build, Rev19876:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?32mzootvddl
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
Cheers, Polli.
ubiq Wrote:After seeing that you partially reverted back to 19617 I just had to make a new build. I was able to quickly test some videos and it seems that the severe fps drops and dropped video frames are history with revision 19876! Nice job Smile Hopefully you can provide this info to the other developers to help others too.

I can still see the fps occasionally dropping to around 22,98fps from the OSD with 23,976fps material (like it did with revision 19594) but it seemed that this time there were no noticeable freeze in the video. Will test more thoroughly when I can and provide a log.

EDIT: Here is the log with revision 19876. I tried various video files and they all played back perfectly to my eyes. I can still see same kind of warnings in the log as I did before, but this time they don't seem to affect the playback Smile
bobo1on1, could you comment on what exactly you did? Also, could you comment about this in the Windows thread, here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50045 ?

Because the problem was not confined to the smoothvideo branch. I had it in the main branch and had to revert back as mentioned.
I just have to say a massive thank you bobo1on1 ... This branch has literally saved me from going completely bonkers!

Testing both the main and the VDPAU branch, I would get horrible jerkiness on the screen, or the video would go out of sync with the audio and then it'd drop frames until it caught back up again, and so many tweaks to get this sorted, in the event got it 'semi' watchable, but then would crash xbmc every time I would try to listen to music ...

But, I tested this branch, and well after a few initial problems, about 3 reinstalls of ubuntu actually, primarily as I found out the image was corrupt, which would install fine, but then when trying to compile the install it would well, poo it's pants ... But after downloading again and reinstalling ubuntu 8.04, and compiling with Rev 19896 this morning, I can happily say, it worked off first time ...

But the best thing is, it worked without any further needing for tweaking(well apart from the fact that I can't use HDMI audio, but setting it to IEC958 does allow for the audio to work over HDMI) ... and with VDPAU enabled both cores on the cpu never exceed 10% (combined)

So again, a HUGE thank you ... my sanity is now back in check Big Grin
PolliSoft Wrote:Here is the latest windows build, Rev19876:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?32mzootvddl

Polli, would you mind uploading it again?
link doesn't work..
mojario Wrote:Polli, would you mind uploading it again?
link doesn't work..

I just tried and it works for me. Do you have a preffered place to put it where you know it works?
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
PolliSoft Wrote:I just tried and it works for me. Do you have a preffered place to put it where you know it works?

sorry mate, when i clicked the link it said file was unavailable.
however it is working now Smile

thanks!
Would someone be so kind as to make a Windows build including changeset 19930? That's the cleanonupdate fix that I've been looking for.
ashlar Wrote:No, while accelerating by 5% the audio dropouts would be too many. You need to go multichannel analog out.

First off, Thanks, dont know why I didnt go this way to start with.

All my 24fps play at 25 nice n smooth, with absolutely spot on audio ( dont know if it sounds better than the digital or im just convincing myself, but sure sounds good )

Only one slight problem. When playing just a music file it seems to output on all the channels and not just stereo. Do you know of anyway to sort this ? I cant see anything in the options
RockDawg Wrote:Would someone be so kind as to make a Windows build including changeset 19930? That's the cleanonupdate fix that I've been looking for.

Hi,

here is the latest smoothvideo build (Rev19951), based on linuxport branch Rev19941.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hzmz0zllcgy
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smoothvideo branch0