• 21(current)
Smoothvideo branch
Does the latest release of XMBC eliminate the jerky playback? I just install the babylon 9.04 and still experienced the jerky video and audio playback.

I am also using Media Portal and have never seen such a problem with Media Portal. But i love XMBC interface Sad
nmt1978 Wrote:Does the latest release of XBMC eliminate the jerky playback? I just install the babylon 9.04 and still experienced the jerky video and audio playback.
Not yet, I believe XBMC is still in 'feature freeze', so nothing new is being added. I do hope it gets added soon though Nod
nmt1978 Wrote:Does the latest release of XBMC eliminate the jerky playback? I just install the babylon 9.04 and still experienced the jerky video and audio playback.

I am also using Media Portal and have never seen such a problem with Media Portal. But i love XBMC interface Sad

Have you tried the smoothvideo-branch windows builds ?

Try Pollisofts' latest build.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=330...tcount=285

Be sure to set "auto refresh rate" on in the video settings if your TV supports 24 50 and 60hz. This way you will have perfectly smooth playback.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Do i have to remove Babylon 9.04 and do a fresh installation by this Pollisoft's latest build?
it's me or the smoothvideo branch have been integrated into the main trunck. If so congratulation!!! Proof of your hard wark have been recognize.
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
Yep, looks like it has. Excellent stuff Big Grin
nmt1978 Wrote:Do i have to remove Babylon 9.04 and do a fresh installation by this Pollisoft's latest build?

Hi,

since the smoothvideo branch now has been integrated into the main branch, you can download the latest build in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452.
I usually install these builds over my previously installed version. If you encounter any problems, make a clean install then.

Good luck!
/PolliSoft
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
Can someone please explain how PlayStation 3 or other blu-ray devices output "24 Hz" and bitstream audio without issue?

I'm very keen to get into Smoothvideo, but I just can't give up bitstream. I do understand why audio resampling is necessary, I'm just confused how other players do it. Is it possible that "24 hz" TVs actually support both 24/1001hz and 24hz?
So which of the audio hardware settings disables this? Or is considered the default (non-smoothbranch) settings?

Thsi will defiantely make all the settings easier to test for those that dont compile.
Thanks again for this wonderful update to XBMC, I'm really glad to hear it's been merged with the main branch.

The only problem remaining now is that you have to manually change your refresh rate to match the content you're going to watch in order for the playback to be smooth. If refresh rate isn't set to a multiple of the fps then the smoothvideo functionality still produces jerkiness. Also it seems I have to run XBMC in Window mode for best results (still a bit jerky if I use fullscreen and change refresh rate using XBMC's settings menus).

Is it possible to add an option to automatically change the screens refresh rate when launching a movie?

Atm there isn't even a simple way to change refresh rate from withing XBMC, I have to restart XBMC for the new refresh rate to take effect (when running in fullscren -fs). And in window mode I have to change refresh rate in windows.

Also there's no easy way to check what the correct refresh rate for a movie actually is from inside XBMC. So I usually end up Closing XBMC, starting the movie in MPC which calls the reclock filter which in turn calls a script that launches the catalyst profile which has the correct refresh rate. Then I close MPC and start XBMC again and watch the movie/docu. So as you can see an automatic refresh detection and automatic change inside XBMC would be much better.

I'm thinking you probably already got the refresh rate detection under control (since this feature is basically founded on it), so this value could be used to change the refresh rate somehow, right?
What do you think "adjust refresh rate" is there for, under video/player. :rolleyes2:
toiva Wrote:What do you think "adjust refresh rate" is there for, under video/player. :rolleyes2:

I'm wondering though (with adjust refresh rate on) why my tv never goes into 1080p24 mode, like it does when I playback a blu-ray disc on my PS3. I think this would be desirable when playing back 1080p 24Hz material.

Does this work for anyone (granted your tv supports 1080p24)?
kees1869 Wrote:Does this work for anyone (granted your tv supports 1080p24)?

Yes - works great. XBMC GUI rez is 1080p 60hz and as soon as I play 24hz material XBMC switches to 24hz and my Sony Bravia shows 1080p/24
Settings/Videos/Player/Adjust refresh rate is what you are looking for. And it works already.
kees1869 Wrote:I'm wondering though (with adjust refresh rate on) ...

ashlar Wrote:Settings/Videos/Player/Adjust refresh rate is what you are looking for. And it works already.

if you have enabled it, and it doesn't work, perhaps gather a debug log?

BR/A
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smoothvideo branch0