• 9(current)
Smoothvideo branch
Hello,

I am just curious if it is planned to merge the smoothvideo branch before babylon ?
Hi,

I have just installed this version on my Windows Vista 32-bit, Quadcore AMD Phenom (4 x 2400Mhz), 2gbyte memory and a Geforce 8300.
I noticed that normal movies seems to play fine, but some 1080p demo's seem to stress out my machine. All 4 CPU's go over 80% and the image starts to stutter.

I have tried various settings for the synching, but to no avail. Is this something I have to live with with this smooth video branch? Or is this something that might be solved.
I must say I am pretty impressed though with the image quality and natural motion I get with this version Smile

BTW,
Anyone noticed that video/music works fine, but that I can't display pictures with this version?

TFH
we are in a feature freeze. what do you think that means? ;P
TFHfony Wrote:Hi,

I have just installed this version on my Windows Vista 32-bit, Quadcore AMD Phenom (4 x 2400Mhz), 2gbyte memory and a Geforce 8300.
I noticed that normal movies seems to play fine, but some 1080p demo's seem to stress out my machine. All 4 CPU's go over 80% and the image starts to stutter.

I have tried various settings for the synching, but to no avail. Is this something I have to live with with this smooth video branch? Or is this something that might be solved.
I must say I am pretty impressed though with the image quality and natural motion I get with this version Smile

BTW,
Anyone noticed that video/music works fine, but that I can't display pictures with this version?

TFH
Thanks for your test, do you have the same issues with linuxport?
bobo1on1 Wrote:Thanks for your test, do you have the same issues with linuxport?
Yes I do. Don't know if that's good or bad news for you though Wink
There seems to be a problem when using the resampler in conjunction with the auto-refresh rate feature. When I start XBMC with a 60Hz desktop refresh rate and then play a 60FPS video everything is perfectly smooth. When I start XBMC with a higher refresh rate (my desktop is normally 85Hz) and it switches to 60 at playback time there is noticeable jitter in the video, audible pitch warbling in the audio and the log is filled with discontinuity errors.

Log with XBMC starting at 85Hz and changing to 60Hz at the start of playback

Log with XBMC starting at 60Hz
ArtVandelae Wrote:There seems to be a problem when using the resampler in conjunction with the auto-refresh rate feature. When I start XBMC with a 60Hz desktop refresh rate and then play a 60FPS video everything is perfectly smooth. When I start XBMC with a higher refresh rate (my desktop is normally 85Hz) and it switches to 60 at playback time there is noticeable jitter in the video, audible pitch warbling in the audio and the log is filled with discontinuity errors.

Log with XBMC starting at 85Hz and changing to 60Hz at the start of playback

Log with XBMC starting at 60Hz

Similar behaviour with me, except the change is from 50hz to 24hz. Mine do even drops back to X whe n i start a video.

Without auto-refresh rate things are working pretty fine. For example i was able to play 24fps content on 50hz with speed changed to 25fps and audio resampled. It was pretty smooth.

Also my issues with vdpau videos seem to be dissapeared (at least without auto refresh rate).

Bobo1on1, can you explain the "adjust clock" method of syncing, How come if video is syncronized, you write that the speed of the video is changed. How is it possible ? Is it already working ? Is the skipping/duplicating method already working ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Those bugs are completely unrelated, IDirect3DDevice9::GetDisplayMode doesn't update the refreshrate when it changes, luckily IDirect3D9::GetAdapterDisplayMode does, so I fixed it right away.

alanwww1 can you post a debug log? I need to make sure the change in refreshrate was detected.

The video playback is referenced to the clock, if you want to play 24 fps at 25, you have to speed it up a little, the simplest way to do that is to speed up the clock.
Packet skip/duplicate should work ok.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Those bugs are completely unrelated, IDirect3DDevice9::GetDisplayMode doesn't update the refreshrate when it changes, luckily IDirect3D9::GetAdapterDisplayMode does, so I fixed it right away.

Build including this change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jm2znnmzmy...e19099.exe
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
Thanks PolliSoft. I'll try this one. The previous one I tried stuttered as hell, on an 8800 GT and XP SP3.
PolliSoft Wrote:Build including this change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jm2znnmzmy...e19099.exe

Still getting -

Code:
CVideoReferenceClock: CreateDevice returned 2152, falling back to QueryPerformanceCounter

but it's different than before -

Code:
CVideoReferenceClock: CreateDevice returned -2005530520, falling back to QueryPerformanceCounter
ashlar Wrote:Thanks PolliSoft. I'll try this one. The previous one I tried stuttered as hell, on an 8800 GT and XP SP3.
Were you playing NTSC dvd by any chance?

Hitcher Wrote:Still getting -

Code:
CVideoReferenceClock: CreateDevice returned 2152, falling back to QueryPerformanceCounter

but it's different than before -

Code:
CVideoReferenceClock: CreateDevice returned -2005530520, falling back to QueryPerformanceCounter

Same error, I just made them easier to look up in d3d9.h.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Were you playing NTSC dvd by any chance
Nope 23.976fps MKVs (H264 video content, AC3 audio content).
Hi, I have the same problem as the guys on the previous page do:
My desktop is at 60Hz, and when I start XBMC and play a file which plays @60Hz it is smooth. I start another file, refresh rate switches to 50Hz and when I come back to GUI and back to the first file it is @60Hz again, but not smooth any more.

XP SP3, Core2Duo 3GHz, 2GB RAM, nVidia 9300. Bild is the latest from PolliSoft (http://www.mediafire.com/file/jm2znnmzmy...e19099.exe)

Log's here http://pastebin.com/m2fa0a8f1
Oops, didn't use the adjusted frequency for direct3d, fixed it.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smoothvideo branch0