[LINUX] Tv out issues
Hello,
I have made a HTPC for XBMC. The mainboard is a D945GCLF2 Intel Atom dual core with integrated video card. This setup is for my living room and wil be connected to an european PAL CRT via a s-video output.
First probably problem might be that the TV image input from the PC has to be done with an euroconector s-video adapter like this (there is no S-video entry in the TV. Yes! an old boxSad).

The onboard driver is here:
Code:
ccb@xbmc:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

On the software side, I installed a minimal Ubuntu 8.04 command line version on wich runs XBMC. On my PC monitor it works perfect, but on the TV I can "see" the booting until the user is connected. From that moment on (starting XBMC) nothing. Black TV screen.:confused2:

So know I'm stacked. Any kind soul would give me some tips or resend me to where I could find the solution? It's probably about configuring X11 with "pal" and "tvout" options.
Thanks in advance:p
sorry for my english
And i have too mainboard D945GCLF2 Intel, 945GC Express Chipset with Intel GMA 950, Chrontel CH7021a tv out (s-video). I connected it on sharp lc-26d44 LCD TV from standart 4-pin s-video cable. XBMC live 9.04.1.
On boot PC I see normal Intel and XBMC logo and then http://img238.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima..._495lo.jpg
Change resolution (i see about 25 video mode) nothing effects - resolution changed but band is stay.

what to do?
thanks
Is XBMC live 9.04.1 support Chrontel CH7021a TV out? VGA is work, but I need s-video output.
Anybody meet with this problem?
Hi,

Yes, I had this exact issue. I spent about 6 hours tearing my hair out with modelines, and googled everything under the sun. I tried the #xbmc-linux irc channel, and despite stating that I suspected the problem wasn't with XBMC itself, and that I'd tried googling and was looking for suggestions (ie, trying to show I wasn't a moron and had attempted to help myself) the extremely unhelpful person there just kept saying "it's not xbmc, it's your distro" and linking me to the bug for it, as if that wasn't the first google hit anyway! So yeah, not overly impressed with that, but hey, it's not like we pay for support is it? Wink

Anyway... rant over. Your answer is here - At least, it was for me. Hope that helps. You might need to upgrade to 9.04 first, as I don't think there are 2.8 driver PPAs for 8.04.
That people wait 2.8 intel driver to solve a problem graphic processing, how I think, I need tv out working.

xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.7.1-0ubuntu1~xup~1_i386.deb driver is work with s-video!

I'm happy :-)

I have XBMC live 9.04.1 installed on HDD. In this version 2.6.3 intel driver, but needed 2.7.0 and above.
I am copy xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.7.1-0ubuntu1~xup~1_i386.deb in /home/xbmc , then reboot PC and when GRUB start press ESC button and loading in safe mode. Input user/password then command: sudo dpkg -i /home/xbmc/xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.7.1-0ubuntu1~xup~1_i386.deb That's all - driver is update.
May be something I do wrong, but first time meet linux system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Tv out issues0