FTP-server turned-on/enabled by default
not sure about this one but my feeling is that when installing and running xbmc from scratch the ftp is set to off as default.

i know turning it on isn't that hard but to make things easier for newbies and to save some people the hassle, shouldnt it be on by default?

i mean a program that can run as a dash should have a running ftp by default right?
yeah that would be a goood thing to do.

im updating on a legelary base (evry new build)and sometimes i forget to set ftp on.then i try to ftp...dont work ofcourse and then i have to think 3 times before i figured out what i did wrong.sue its its a sinple thing but i feel really stupid when that happens..
perhaps it is because there are so many things that can go wrong, especially for newbies and those of us who decide to do the rare update and end up changing several things that have been on our list so it is easy to make one small mistake. plus the fact that you must remember all the little things like turning on ftp even though you may not have used it in a long time. there really is no reason that it should not default to on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP-server turned-on/enabled by default0