Comic Cbr Thumbs
I've been reorganizing my comics lately and editing Horizonz a bit to browse through them nicely, using showcase..

Does anyone happen to know a way to have Xbmc use the first image in the CBR archive? Instead of the 4 random pics that it also uses for picture folder thumbs?

Not sure if something can be added within the skin to make this happen, but personally, I think Cbr and Cbz files would be better displayed this way..

Has anyone else come up with a decent way to browse comics? I know there are only a handful of us out there that read them on xbmc..
Maybe this will help show what I'm looking to do a little better.. Since I'm not sure I made any sense in the last post.. or maybe I'm just posting this in the wrong section..

Is there something skin side I can do that will only show the first image in the archive as the thumb? or is this part of xbmc's inner workings... The 2x2 thumbs work nice for picture folders, but in the case of cbr/cbz files, the cover to the comic would work better..

or.. I could just create 2000+ filename.tbn's..

Anyone?
Tension113 Wrote:Maybe this will help show what I'm looking to do a little better.. Since I'm not sure I made any sense in the last post.. or maybe I'm just posting this in the wrong section..

Is there something skin side I can do that will only show the first image in the archive as the thumb? or is this part of xbmc's inner workings... The 2x2 thumbs work nice for picture folders, but in the case of cbr/cbz files, the cover to the comic would work better..

or.. I could just create 2000+ filename.tbn's..

Anyone?

I had to do this by hand. so that part sucks. but i unzipped the cbr and copied the cover and made a thumbnail for each issue. I don't remember if it wa sjust filename.tbn or not. good luck.
if in general the first entry in a cbr is the cover i will gladly change it to use that instead
spiff Wrote:if in general the first entry in a cbr is the cover i will gladly change it to use that instead

u are awsome! I am not sure how many people use this feature but I do. I believe in general, the first image is the cover.
we will have to wait for t3ch to release a build incorporating the change, unless it is easy to replace a file in the current build. Does this change require a new build Spiff?
spiff Wrote:if in general the first entry in a cbr is the cover i will gladly change it to use that instead

That would be great.. Thanks.. Would save some time and hard drive space.. Smile
and I think it would just be the preferred way to do it..

Once in awhile Cbr's have a 'scanned by' image as the first, but the majority are done correctly.. Some programs, like ComicRack, let you rearrange the order.. So, us nerds, who are into our ecomics, usually do that anyway..

Hopefully you won't need this now Jarod, but I used this ComicRack script to make the filename.tbn's..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post293208
If you need to change the order just rename the cbr file as a rar, open it with winrar and delete the scanned by jpg.
oh man i forgot about this. ticket please or i will surely forget again
I'm a bit of a XBMC noob but I would like to add my support for this. I have a load of old Transformers comics with each issue a cbr file. It would be much better if a thumb for just the first (cover) page was shown instead of the 4 random thumbs...since I'm a noob how in the hell do I do this "ticket" thing? Smile
Wow, reading through this had me pumped before I noticed that the vigor seems to have dissipated.

Thought I'd pop in and keep it alive if possible. I'm new to the boards, mediocre with code and have over 10k comics. The very thought of the space needed and time alone brings me to my knees.

If it hasn't happened already let's get this sucker ticketed!

Anyone care to point the newb in the right direction? Wink
VanZan Wrote:I'm a bit of a XBMC noob but I would like to add my support for this. I have a load of old Transformers comics with each issue a cbr file. It would be much better if a thumb for just the first (cover) page was shown instead of the 4 random thumbs...since I'm a noob how in the hell do I do this "ticket" thing? Smile

Fetchly Wrote:Wow, reading through this had me pumped before I noticed that the vigor seems to have dissipated.

Thought I'd pop in and keep it alive if possible. I'm new to the boards, mediocre with code and have over 10k comics. The very thought of the space needed and time alone brings me to my knees.

If it hasn't happened already let's get this sucker ticketed!

Anyone care to point the newb in the right direction? Wink

It's already been posted here http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6117.

Now we'll just have to see if spiff ever gets around to it. :p *nugde* hehe

Or possibly my ticket as well where I suggested dual page reading for comics: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6381
But that's just a dream for now.
Please, Mr. spiff, please.
I've held off on doing anything with comics on Xbmc lately.. It was easy enough to use scripts to make cover tbn's for my entire collection, but now keeping up with that as new comics are added has become tedious.. Glad to see I'm not the only one looking forward to this though..
Tension113 Wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one looking forward to this though..
Add me to that list of people looking forward to this Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comic Cbr Thumbs1