Possible to change scraper timeout?
internal use only
tslayer Wrote:I just committed a fix to not bail out when we get EINPROGRESS and to continue attempting.

You'll have to run the latest SVN.

But yes, thetvdb.com is extremely slow right now.

Great to hear you have fixed this, since I'm experiencing this problem too. Is there a way I can get your fix without having to do an SVN build? (I'm running XBMC live and my usb drive is a little bit too full for building XBMC.)

I gather I will have to wait until the fix gets pushed out onto apt-get? How do you guys decide when stuff like that is ready to get pushed out? Is it every couple of days/weeks, or does apt-get only get a new version when there's a new major milestone? If so, then how do you push out fixes for bugs like this one?

Anyhow, sorry for all the questions. I'd like to better understand your development schedule and auto-updating mechanisms. (So I can figure out the best way to keep my linux XBMC totally up to date in a long-term way. Is there a page on this forum where that's all explained?)
This fix has been superseded by a move to using libcurl instead.

And no, not possible to have without upgrading. Sorry.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:This fix has been superseded by a move to using libcurl instead.

And no, not possible to have without upgrading. Sorry.

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. Upgrading to what? The latest SVN build?

What I'm really curious to know is how long it will take for this fix (i.e. for broken scrapers) to reach those of us who use apt-get instead of building our XBMC from SVN. Will it just be a couple days? Do you push changes out once a month? Do I have to wait for the next release of XBMC?
vdrfan Wrote:You will have to use a combined nfo like ..

Code:
<movie>
  <title>Donnie Darko (Directors cut)</title>      
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/

That worked better.

Is it possible to rename the scene-.nfo, to .info and then create a custom .nfo for the title, AND xbmc finds the url from the scene-.info?

/Söder
Xanatos Wrote:I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. Upgrading to what? The latest SVN build?

What I'm really curious to know is how long it will take for this fix (i.e. for broken scrapers) to reach those of us who use apt-get instead of building our XBMC from SVN. Will it just be a couple days? Do you push changes out once a month? Do I have to wait for the next release of XBMC?

No idea. Why not just learn to build from SVN? This is offtopic here anyways.

All changes are in SVN. Read README.linux to see how to compile.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
tslayer Wrote:No idea. Why not just learn to build from SVN? This is offtopic here anyways.

All changes are in SVN. Read README.linux to see how to compile.

I already know how to build XBMC from SVN. But (again) that wasn't my question. I was asking how long it might take for your EINPROGRESS/libcurl fix to get out into the apt-get distribution of XBMC.

If you have "no idea" then why bother posting a response at all? I have "no idea" either--that's why I'm asking. Huh

Surely someone out there can venture a guess as to when the fix discussed in this thread might get pushed out into apt-get? I'm not trying to extract a firm promise out of anyone, I'm just trying to decide if I wanna live with the broken scrapers that many days, weeks, or months.

(Am I wrong to assume that apt-get is the "official" way that linux XBMC users like me are supposed get fixes for bugs like this? Apt-get is how I got this bug in the first place; my scrapers worked fine until that last update...)
Why do you think the scrapers are broken? The "Workaround" I put in at first was to fix the slow sites that it connected to. Had nothing to do with the scrapers themselves.

And no idea about the apt-get way. Don't know when changes are pushed there.

Also, not sure what fix you are looking for. Last I heard, the backend slowness of those sites were fixed so the workaround/fix I put in place doesn't matter at this point.

I see...perhaps something else is broken with my setup then. I did an apt-get the other day and ever since, my scrapers have all stopped working. They just seem to hang for a couple seconds, like they are retrieving data, and then the whole operation just stops with no error messages or anything.

Nothing actually gets downloaded from the scraper sites except a show title and an image. I'll go digging through the logs a bit...

<<<< EDIT >>>>

So there were a whole lot of database errors in the log. From the look of it, it was getting an error every single time it tried to access the video database file. Obviously, it got corrupted somehow during the last update, or by something I did afterwards.

I just deleted the db file and it got rebuilt properly and after that everything started working fine. Sorry for any confusion (though if someone out there has any definitive knowledge about the release schedule/pattern for apt-get updates, I'm still quite interested to know.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to change scraper timeout?0