Shutdown from any menu?
Question 
Hello,

I've configured xbmc to startup inside Video > TV shows, by choosing Video from the settings menu for startup, and TV shows as the default from the context menu. All of my viewing (and usage) of xbmc is done in this menu (and to the devs - thanks for letting me set up this way - it's perfect).

I was wondering, is there a way to shutdown without having to "menu" back 3 levels to the top, and then selecting shutdown? Is it possible to add the shutdown command to the contextual menu?

Thanks!
If you use a remote, you can remap the keymap.xml file to use one of the remote buttons for this task. I have the "0" button mapped to call the shutdown menu from anywhere. I would say the same could be achieved with the controller, but as I don't use one I can't say for sure.

Hope this helps.

[Edit] Just realised you posted this in the mac/apple forum. My above post was using the xbox remote. Not sure about the apple tv??
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:[Edit] Just realised you posted this in the mac/apple forum. My above post was using the xbox remote. Not sure about the apple tv??

Right - I don't have that file, and I was wondering if any other AppleTV users had found a way to do this.
I just do the normal exit out, it would be a waste to dedicate one of the few buttons on the apple remote for this, there are so few.

search this forum for keymap.xml. It's in the app but if you want to make a custom keymap.xml don't edit this one. Copy it to userdata.
can you set a duration in the keymap file? for instance, holding the menu button in the appletv version of xbmc will trigger the contextual menu. Can I set the play button - held for a few seconds - to trigger the shutdown menu?
i gont know about your platform, but the s key on the keyboard brings it up, so just map something to the s key? i got a mouse gesture for it, works from anywhere except a full screen video playin, or full screen visualization
Hello all,

just wanted to chime in that I figured out how to do this.

Opened the Keymap.xml file from within the XBMC app, and changed the play button hold command (under the Global / AppleRemote section) from Fullscreen to XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu).

Works like a charm Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown from any menu?0