Set tv shows/movies as watched only manually?
I like the feature where you can filter watched tv shows/movies but I wonder if it possible to prevent xbmc to mark as watched automatically? I would like to only choose myself when to mark as watched.

The workaround right now is to disable the filter, mark as unwatched by pressing Z and then apply the filter again.
No, that is not possible. I have no idea why you'd want such a thing either - mind to enlighten me?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm not the poster but I can hazard a guess.

A lot of times I watch something that I should wait for my wife. The marker is a give away.

Also, If you filter by unviewed only and you like to watch movies before letting your kids view them, then that is helpful.

That said, I never play a movie through the entire credits so this is never a problem for me (plus as said, you can unmark it.)
jmarshall Wrote:No, that is not possible. I have no idea why you'd want such a thing either - mind to enlighten me?
We're several people watching the same movies/TV episodes. That's why I don't want them to automatically be marked as watched.

What is the rule for automatically mark as watched? I don't think you have to let it play to the end of the show for it to do that.
I Think it's about 2 thirds of it watched then it marks it as watched i am sure i read it in another thread
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
check the wiki about the advanced.xml (if i recall correctly) there is a option to specify a percentage when the video is marked as watched ... and for your watched problem, consider profiles for different users .. then youre set!
mason Wrote:check the wiki about the advanced.xml (if i recall correctly) there is a option to specify a percentage when the video is marked as watched ... and for your watched problem, consider profiles for different users .. then youre set!
This sounds very interesting! I tried to find the wiki but it seems empty, http://xbmc.org/support/faq/. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I also searched the whole disk for advanced.xml but couldn't find any file related to xbmc.
Have just searched my self and could not find any information on the advancedsettings.xml
so god knows where it's been moved to, any pointers anybody?
Wiki = Online Manual
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry were trying the link in freddon101's post that link is no good.
Found this. Will start reading the details! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set tv shows/movies as watched only manually?0