MiniMeedia - Test Version (03/03/2009)
Here's a link to a recent version of the skin for those that want to try it out - MiniMeedia

Feedback/suggestions welcome Nod
LOVE the animations and navigation, feels really snappy and nice.

The main screens animations are better than MediaStream (if I may compare), the switch from one line to double lines is less noticable in this version.

Love that the skin in itself is really fast, feels light on the system.

There are two things Im not perticular fond of.
1. The default background is abit rough IMHO, would be nicer with a more colorfull one since the rest of the theme is so dark. Or atleast a background which it happens more in.

2. The font, it does look rather good but to playful IMO, but I prefer the more stricter Sans fonts Smile

Great work!
EDIT: scratch that last one, DAMN great work is more suiting Wink
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Excellent, thanks for the feedback! Big Grin

The default background is a bit of temporary thing at the moment as it's supposed be white noise but I don't really want to include a full 720p sized image to accomplish it so I'm using a much smaller image that, at the moment, is being stretched but I'd like to be able to tile it (I've added a feature request to the trac asking for the ability to tile images)

I agree the font is more playful than is common in other skins and that is intentional as I wanted to give it a more 'relaxed' feel. The font is still work in progress and if I do decide to keep it then I'll need to do some more work on it as it's missing a few vital symbols (brackets for one).

Thanks again for the feedback.
Yeah nice work so far skunk very snappy to play with and 600k in size Smile
Think it needs a rename from MiniMedia to NeedBigArseTV Smile very small fonts
Hehe, thanks. There is a Larger font set in there, is that any easier to see for you?
I love the animations. Everything is soo smooth and responsive on a lower spec PC.

I like the font a lot. Even though it looks very comic-ish, it is very bold and friendly and easy to read.

Awesome work, man! Nod

Cons:
The 'dialogs' seem to come from anywhere and everywhere. (context menu comes in at top left, add source from top right, browse dialog from bottom right, set content from right) I'd personally like to see them be more consistent than that.

I agree with Topfs2 that the default background needs to be more colorful.

In showcase view, when you scroll over the '..' (up a directory) item, everything disappears, and left me wondering 'wtf just happened' for 1/2 a second.

In list view, it feels odd when I hit 'right' and land on the scroll bar. The little arrow pointing at the hidden menu makes me feel like right so immediately take me there. No idea how you could fix that though Huh

Edit: Hope I don't sound too critical! I think it is really awesome!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:I love the animations. Everything is soo smooth and responsive on a lower spec PC.

I like the font a lot. Even though it looks very comic-ish, it is very bold and friendly and easy to read.

Awesome work, man! Nod

Thank you Big Grin

rwparris2 Wrote:Cons:
The 'dialogs' seem to come from anywhere and everywhere. (context menu comes in at top left, add source from top right, browse dialog from bottom right, set content from right) I'd personally like to see them be more consistent than that.
Yep, the dialogs is the biggest area where I'm still playing about with things as I'm not too sure of them myself. The idea is supposed to be that dialogs come from the top right, unless they span the full height then they just come from the right. Most of them should be sitting in the top right corner of the screen and as usual there are a few exceptions to the rule, info dialogs appear from the bottom as they just look better that way etc.

From the dialogs that you mention in particular, I should probably move the browse dialog to the top right as that will be more consistent with most other dialogs.

rwparris2 Wrote:I agree with Topfs2 that the default background needs to be more colorful.
That background is still WIP and will be better when it's finished. As a whole that background shouldn't be seen too much anyway as the custom backgrounds and fanart should be shown instead most of the time. (Which reminds me, I have a whole set of backgrounds that work pretty well for the various areas of the skin and will look to upload that at some point as it sets the skin off a helluva lot better)

rwparris2 Wrote:In showcase view, when you scroll over the '..' (up a directory) item, everything disappears, and left me wondering 'wtf just happened' for 1/2 a second.
Damn, I forgot about that one. Will sort that out soon.

rwparris2 Wrote:In list view, it feels odd when I hit 'right' and land on the scroll bar. The little arrow pointing at the hidden menu makes me feel like right so immediately take me there. No idea how you could fix that though Huh
Yep, not sure I can much about that as the scrollbar needs to be focusable to be usable.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia - Test Version (03/03/2009)0