Stereo, Mono, Left, Right Audio Channel Settings for Video Playback?
Lightbulb 
i read the list of features to be implemented and it includes " select audio language of movie"

i was wondering if you guys will be doing anything about vcds that have dual audio channels. for example, a vcd with english on the right channel and another language on the left channel. (like in wmp9 for .mpg's you can select audio track 1 (both channels (stereo)), audio track 2 (left channel), audio track 3 (right channel) )

n/m sorry disregard, i just saw the request on sourceforge. my bad. nuke post if you wish, sorry.
i know that vcd mpegs only has left and right sounds, but i have some mpegs that have left channel as one language, and right channel as another. unless i'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be this simple option. it would be great if you guys were able to implement selecting mono left of mono right.
indeed this would seem like a good idea, for the amount of vcds out there. but how should it be done? also through osd?
i requested this very thing a while ago but nobody seemed to care *sniff*.

how i've seen it done in other software and dvd players is through the audio switching. if the source file is mpeg-1 then lang 1 is stereo, lang 2 is mono left (outputted to both speakers however) and lang 3 is mono right (once more outputted to both speakers).

a much needed feature.

morien
hope this feature gets implemented soon, very useful!
i also hope this feature will be implemented soon.
is it really hard to have this implemented? i asked cause i'm just curious. what is involved in doing this?
Sad 
does anyone know how to switch between left and right channel output for vcds
as some are recorded with 2 languages in the left and right channels!!!

many thanks
mugen
the poor's man fix is to remove one of the a/v plug. but then that leaves mono left speaker only or mono right right speaker.
we need rich man fix for this bro...
hi, for the next xbmc release, can we get a stereo/left/right audio channel switching option. i watch chinese movies and there are two different audio channels on the movie file (usually cantonese/mandarin). when i play it with xbmc, it plays both audio channels. i can get around this by unplugging the audio jacks, but it's a hassle unplugging and plugging it back in everytime i switch back to playing games. thanx
i have no problem playing rmvb file on xbmc cvs 26 may 2004. as this file have dual audio, i can hear from one speaker playing one language and the other playing another language. is there a way to mute one speaker in xbmc ?
(solar @ june 02 2004,15:01 Wrote:is there a way to mute one speaker in xbmc ?
no, no such function have been coded/implemented yet. see sf rfe here (link). ps! moving and merging this in existing request
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Question 
is it possible to let user switch output sound channel(l/r) manually? with this feature then we can play karaoke vcd with xbmc... ^_^
vcds from asia often have the l/r audio channels coded with different languages. it would be good that one can have a knob under audio/osd to control the l/r volume.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereo, Mono, Left, Right Audio Channel Settings for Video Playback?0