Stereo, Mono, Left, Right Audio Channel Settings for Video Playback?
i was wondering if it's possible to add a sound control that lets me control which channel to listen to. some video file put 2 languages, one on each track. is horrible to listen to both simultaneously.

also, if possible, east asian language text support. i would love to sign up and translate the language into manderin.

thanks,

linabe
this is important for karaoke video tracks as well since one track has the original singer and the other just the music to sing to...
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
in the meanwhile you can use the following:

open mplayer.conf

add:

"stereo=1" for left audio, or "stereo=2" for right
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
xbmc,

is there a way to get a selection of mono left channel or mono right channel. reason, there are bilingual vcd's that have a differen't language on each channel. if you try and play these in xbmc, you will hear both languages. not good. also, some karaoke vcd's have the vioce on 1 channel and just the instrumental on the other channel. it would be grate if this feature can be implemented......or if it already is...can someone help me :bowdown:
(f.u. @ sep. 14 2004,08:40 Wrote:is there a way to get a selection of mono left channel or mono right channel.
no, because no developer has yet coded a such function to xbmc. ps! search before posting!, merging your post into existing thread.
i suggest the feature to be added into the osd. there is already a menu to select different audio streams. we just need to add 2 more options: left only and right only.
hi! i have vcd movies that have a left and right audio; left is cantonese and right is mandarin. i would appreciated if xbmc allows us to shift from left or right audio channel only. it's unbareable watching the movie with both language playing. thanks!
there's no such function yet, but if you use the "standard microsoft xbox av cable", it has video / left ch / right ch. simply disconnect one of the channels meanwhile if it gets "unbearable" Shocked

suggest video player add chooses l/r channals
some video have differents lang. in l/r channals
once again the curse of unbelievable stupid "anime scene" using 2x mono audio in stereo streams...

:bomb:

would it be possible to make it so that you can use only the left or right soundchannel when playing mediafiles such as hk vcd that has one language in the left channel and one in the right.

maybe make it so that if i want to use the left soundchannel it would output it trough both left and right channel and vice versa.

i and many others would surely find this very helpful.
get a newer version.

i have the "latest" version. built the 6th november.
i mean that i want to be able to have the sound of the left audiochannel outputted on both the right and left channel and not play the right soundchannel and vice versa.

i'm not looking for teh output trough all speakers function if that's what you think.

so far i have not been able to find this function in xbmc.
- 04-11-2004 added: osd selection of stereo/left/right for 2 channel audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereo, Mono, Left, Right Audio Channel Settings for Video Playback?0