CD & DVD Case MOD
[updated to version 2.0]

This mod for the PM3.HD skin will show your CD & DVD cover art in a nice case. I am by no means a skinner and my image graphic skills are practically non-existent.
So, with that beings said, there might be some flaws here and there (haven't found one yet though).
All in all (IMHO) the results are very pretty.

The DVD case looks like this:

And the CD case like this:

Some examples of this mod in other views:
http://img530.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=tvshowlist.jpg

installation is easy:
- extract the 2 images from the zip file to the 'media' subfolder of the PM3.HD skin
- extract the xml files to the '720p' subfolder (you might want to back up the 720p subfolder first!)

Download:
You can download this mod here or there.

If you're not using the default PM3.HD skin, but the PM3.HD_TV_Movies Mod by Jezz-X, get it here or there.
If you're using the PM3.HD_TV_Movies Mod by IllumiNaughty, get it here or there.

changelog v2.0:
- cleaned up the code a bit
- slightly modified the images
- removed empty cases
- updated the xml files to SVN r19100
- added support for:
- list view
- thumbnail view
- media info view
- dvd thumb view
- home window
- slideshow
- visiluasation
- menus
- tv shows

todo:
- change cd case to match the dvd case
- add support for:
- 3d coverflow
- album info view
- dvd info view
Could you change your mod not to display any cases if there none opposed to any empty case?
These look very nice. Also agree with the above poster, as what often lets a skin down is when you don't have a thumb for a particular film/tv ep/music etc. Having the option of not showing anything would imho improve the look.
Sure, no problem. I'll add a modified version as soon as it's ready.
Just one thing, by default the PM3.HD skin WILL show an icon (some kind of 'loudspeaker') if there's no cover-art in Music library view. Want me to remove that one too ?
Ok, i added a link in my original post to a version which won't show an empty case when there is no cover available.
I'm gonna sound like a complete numpty but where do I put the png's??
yadster Wrote:I'm gonna sound like a complete numpty but where do I put the png's??

Feel free to ask. The .png files go in the media subfolder of the PM3.HD skin.
Should be something like /usr/share/xbmc/skin/PM3.HD/media if you're using linux.
For windows i think it's C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\PM3.HD\media.
I popped the files in the MEDIA folder but I'm using the xbox version.
How about an offical integration with an on/off option?
btw. looks great, mediastream needs this too Smile
yadster Wrote:I popped the files in the MEDIA folder but I'm using the xbox version.

I don't have an xbox, but there should be a ..\skin\PM3.HD\media
and ..\skin\PM3.HD\720p folder somewhere too.

empty Wrote:How about an offical integration with an on/off option?

That's entirely up to Jezz_X ;-)
[quote=ronie]I don't have an xbox, but there should be a ..\skin\PM3.HD\media
and ..\skin\PM3.HD\720p folder somewhere too.

That's where I placed the files originally but when the cases didn't show up I assumed I was doing it wrong. I deleted all the cache files etc and am using the latest t3ch build but can't get either frame to show. :confused2: Thanks for all your help, and like an above poster said this deserves to be integrated into PM3HD.
on xbox music case shows but dvd dosent. also are there any plans to impliment the cases in to over views other than fanart. ie visulisation info bar and home page etc?

ps awsome mod. adds a touch of class to the greatest skin
rudeboyx Wrote:on xbox music case shows but dvd dosent. also are there any plans to impliment the cases in to over views other than fanart. ie visulisation info bar and home page etc?

Not sure what's causing the problem on the xbox. I've downloaded the latest T3CH build, extracted the skin and tested it on a linux pc. It's working fine.
Maybe there's some issue with the dvdcase image, maybe the xbox can't handle certain types of .png files? I'll check if there's anything 'wrong' with the image files.

As for other views, i've just finished 'media info', 'dvd thumbs', 'list' and 'thumbnail' view for the video library. Currently i'm working on those views for the music library.
I will look into the visualization and home views next. Maybe, just maybe, i'll have a go at the coverflow view too.
I downloaded the PM3.HD skin from the SVN and added the files and built the xpr file but I still can't get the frames to show.
yadster Wrote:I downloaded the PM3.HD skin from the SVN and added the files and built the xpr file but I still can't get the frames to show.

I'll upload a new version in a few days. Hopefully it will give less issues on the xbox, but there's no way for me to test this.

It will have support for other views, besides fanart, too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CD & DVD Case MOD0