XBMC shutdown options
Is there anyway to change the shutdown options that are availible without modifing the skin?

As my XBMC is set to autostart, PM3HD displays Exit XBMC & suspend don't work for me. The Exit XBMC option in effect just restarts XBMC with autologin enabled. The suspend option might just be something I've uninstalled.

Also this might be a great option from disabling users for shutting xbmc down, where people need to keep the machine running for uPnP server for example.
In settings -> System you can choose the default exit behaviour. Which can be set to Shutdown.

You can also run with
Code:
xbmc --standalone
Then XBMC will default to shutdown instead of quit.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks but I would like to remove the option from the menu is that possible?

I checked $home/.xsession and the --standalone option is already set. As you have said only sets the option that the menu defaults too, but doesn't prevent it from being shown.
Oh, you want to not having suspend and exit in the skin.

Well no, this is only changable via skin. XBMC Skins are very free and XBMC core is almost incapable of changing them, this is why the skins can look so different, but in this case we can´t do it.

I think we could make a bool, "is standalone" or "is embedded" that could be used in these cases, however it would be up to the skinner to support them.

Also we could have "can suspend" and "can hibernate" booleans for the skinners aswell, but usually systems _can_ suspend but isn´t _able_ to some driver making it stuck somewhere.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for the info, I thought that might be the case. It may be useful in the profiles to be able to disable the shutdown menu on specific accounts in the future. Maybe one for the feature suggestions forum.
Sure, sounds good. the profile could be limited by the "can foo" thing.

Hi.
I love the program, using it for a long time, but there is one particular thing in 11-th version that drives me mad
I'm a nix user (Ubuntu, Debian, SuSE generally) and normally i take advantage of VDPAU acceleration of XBMC then compiling, encoding, etc.
So. The thing is, for countless time now i have accidentally shut down my machine while trying to exit media center.

I know it's sounds silly, and maybe even funny to someone, but i can assure you - from my point of view it's not

The exit button and showdown are right next to each other in the pop-up menu
I searched for and found no way to disable "showdown, suspend, reboot" and other, well, let put it this way 'high rick options'

When a mouse slides accidentally - you don't have any chance to prevent the showdown, no warnings, no confirmation, nothing at all.

And yes - I'm using the standard skin, the way in comes originally

In v.10 we had 3 buttons way apart, so it never happened back then, honestly I'm a little pissed of now, cause i just have lost 17 hours of machine time, again Smile
And in the same time i have to repeat myself. I LOVE XBMC, and i do support it and i do recommend it to friends, but please - do something with reboot/shutdown/suspend options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC shutdown options0