Music Jukebox skin ideas?
Lightbulb 
Hi,

I very much like MediaStream, Aeon and Horizon skins. However, in all these skins Movies and Series presentation gets a lot of attention.

I really would like to use XBMC, but primarily only for music and pictures. Will anyone be able to assist me in customizing one of the above skins, so we can have appropriate views for the music and pictures sections??

thanx
fungun_007 Wrote:Hi,

I very much like MediaStream, Aeon and Horizon skins. However, in all these skins Movies and Series presentation gets a lot of attention.

I really would like to use XBMC, but primarily only for music and pictures. Will anyone be able to assist me in customizing one of the above skins, so we can have appropriate views for the music and pictures sections??

thanx

Now, this could be construed as me advertising the skin I'm already working on...but you're welcome to check out Serenity and make suggestions as to what you're looking for in the music/pictures section. I am trying to get as much input from as many people as possible before releasing it, and yours would definitely be welcome if you have any new thoughts on these areas...
to add to digitalhigh, i think if you have ideas for what you want to see in music and pictures views, everyone would be open to the idea. it's true both get little attention, but there's also a little limit in terms of what and how much you can show. if it can be done and it's a good idea, i'm sure someone will try. as digitalhigh said, he'll take suggestions for serenity and if i have time, i'll also see if i can incorporate something into mediastream.
How about a picture view more like cooliris.

http://www.cooliris.com/

What would be cool is to make a skin that has a preset profile.One themed for
music,one for movies,one for games.....etc.

Not just as in back rounds and main menu.I am speaking of fonts and changed main menu options in the main GUI.Rather than changing many options to accomplish.
Hi guys,

Been away for a while it seems. My thoughts where more aimed at a dedicated music jukebox type of skin, getting rid of most of the high-level menu items currently found in XBMC. Is this possible? Perhaps we could start 'n skin for XBMC that only caters for Music and PicturesHuh
A jukebox skin is exactly what I'm looking for right now as a way to let guests at a party choose some music without messing with setting, starting movies, etc
There is a windows app the replicates the touchtunes interface pretty well called e-touch jukebox.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90390.0 (linked to that thread since it has screens and the e-touch site is being slow right now)

Since there is no skin that meets your needs, you could check it out. OR you could borrow the skin resources and merge them into a skin window Wink
I am actually going to try making a Music only skin. Never did any skinning before so I am studying Confused now. It may be beyond my abilities, but I'll give it a shot.

I want it to be Touchscreen friendly, and easy to navigate. Those E-touch screenshots and others I've seen gave me good ideas. Like having icons for "Play Now" "Play All" and "Add to Queue" on the screen (hopefully that is possible) I don't want or need fancy animations or anything at the moment. I think I am going to at least start with Confluence.

Some Rambling to show where I am going....

Mostly when my wife and I want to listen to music we use the Genres to begin with.
The question is usually "What do you want to listen to?" and the answer is often "Somthing Relaxing(Upbeat, Fun, etc)" Making custom/smart or whatever Playlists are probably the best thing, only never got around to doing it and our music collection keeps growing too.

/end ramble

So a big "Save as Playlist" button on the "Now Playing" screen might be a good idea.

Anyway wish me luck.....I'll need it (and I listen to free advice)
mikeandjeny Wrote:I am actually going to try making a Music only skin. Never did any skinning before so I am studying Confused now. It may be beyond my abilities, but I'll give it a shot.

great idea. If you're studying from an existing XBMC skin, have a look at Rapier. It is probably the most touchscreen (mouse support) friendly skin available at the moment.

Making a few changes to it might set you in the right direction.
jw76 Wrote:great idea. If you're studying from an existing XBMC skin, have a look at Rapier. It is probably the most touchscreen (mouse support) friendly skin available at the moment.

Making a few changes to it might set you in the right direction.

Sorry but Rapier is NOT the most touchscreen suitable Touch is !

Regards,
fungun_007 Wrote:I really would like to use XBMC, but primarily only for music and pictures. Will anyone be able to assist me in customizing one of the above skins, so we can have appropriate views for the music and pictures sections??

thanx

Feel free to steal some of my great ideas from my "daily jukebox" screen (Slideshow.xml). Pay attention to the Jukebox style music info label which fades after 1 minute. Also notice the photo title and comment. Photo title was displayed by saving it's value in the unused exif tag, objectname, then adding that to the skin. I also feel that having the day/date and weather always up helps me in my day to day life which this screen watches about 12 hours every day. Thanks guys XBMC rocks.
in kodi theres a skin called transparency, once you load ur music in, click on music tab on the home menu. if you move your mouse to the left side of the screen a menu will pop up with the default view. just change the view to jukebox view.
You say you are looking for a music only skin, however a lot of skins let you customise your main menu (turning off and on items at will). Maybe one of the existing skins is close to what you want and just disable TV, movies etc.....
Hi ,

I developed my skin with a lot of focus on the Music part, because I use a lot for my music collection. Yu could customize the home menu, so you can only access that section, try it out.

The Pictures part is however on the simple side.

Since Music/Pictures Feedback is scarse, I would be happy to receive any suggestions on missing functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Jukebox skin ideas?4