Multiimage based on selected movie/tv show
I don't believe this is a current feature, but I thought I would bring it up.

How could you get multiimaging based on a selected movie or tv show?

Example - Have fanart or or tv show icon change when the cursor is on it.

I picture the images being stored either locally in a media folder or better yet pulling directly from the source folder.

Is this a feature that is currently doable or if not, do you think it is a feature that could be implemented?
It's probably already doable, but is certainly not advised.

Skins should not assume a particular filesystem layout.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I wouldn't want it to assume a certain file structure, but maybe a naming convention.

ie. fanart.jpg, fanart2.jpp, ect. or just multiimage all fanart.jpg's

It is already currently looking for the naming convention set within the code, so it would be a matter of making it multiimage if it is finding others within the same naming convention.

These are just my ideas on it. I appreciate you taking the time to hear me out. I think it would add great visual affect to a skin.
Forgot to add this...

I wanted to see what it coud potentially look like in PM3.HD, so I set a multiimage for fanart to a set folder and tested it on a movie & Tv series.

It does look great to see the fanart fade in and out between a couple of them when available. I also multiimages the wide icon header image and it looks good to. I wouldn't suggest doing both because it make the screen seem over active. The fanart multiimage is a great visual affect though if it would be doable in the code.

Do you suggest me making a feature suggest on trac or would I be wasting people's time?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiimage based on selected movie/tv show0