XBMC Live on Shuttle SG45H7
Question 
I know these questions have been asked to death...
But I did search through ALL the Shuttle / XPC posts but didnt find anything on this model.
I know it should work, but this is a new model... and I know there were some issues with Ubuntu not having some of the newer ICH drivers... just cant remember if it was ICH9 or ICH10.

Shuttle XPC SG45H7
http://global.shuttle.com/products_page0...7&PI=1131#

PROCESSOR Intel e8400
CHIPSET Intel G45 + ICH10
Memory 4GB
VGA Built-in Intel GMA X4500HD 256bit 3D engine
AUDIO Realtek ALC888 7.1 channel High Definition Audio
BACK PANEL
(1) PCI-E x16 slot
(1) PCI slot
(1) RJ45 Gigabit LAN port
(2) eSATA port
(1) HDMI port
EXPANSION BAY (2) 3.5' bay (1) 5.25' bay

Will XBMC Live run on this? Huh
Thoughts
I bought this same exact model for XBMC use. I already have passive cooled Nvidia graphics card in there as well as MCE compatible remote.

It does work fine, except for one thing: The XBMC (and by that I guess it means also Ubuntu 8.10?) does not recognize the hard drive with that Shuttle barebone, no matter what. My HD is SATA, so it could be that IDE hd might work. I did try with Vista installation which worked fine, and is currently installed to the HD, so it must be the XBMC/Ubuntu which doesn't recognize the drivers or something.. So I'm stuck with USB-stick installation.

Other than that, I have been very pleased. If only the remote control (lircd) would resume from standby 100% reliably, but that might be fixable with some script tuning.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on Shuttle SG45H70