How does XBMCLive Restart on Crash
Hi Guys,

This is one really for the devs of XBMCLive, I'd like to know how you have managed to get XBMC to restart when it crashes but yet you are still able to quit XBMC from the shutdown menu.

I'm not using the live edition as I'm trying to get around the multithreading bug and another bug that seems to exist with my chipset, I'd really like to get XBMC to restart each time it crashes out, but would still like to be able to quit XBMC from the menu.

At the moment by looking in the linux forum I have a few pointers, but all of these stop the Quit XBMC function from being of any use.

Can anyone shed some light for me ??

Much appreciated.
The scripts is on SVN https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...runXBMC.sh
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Is there an easy way for me to use this with an SVN installation on Ubuntu Intrepid, sorry for all the stupid questions, I'm new to this and trying to understand everything.

At the moment I have place runXBMC in /usr/bin and the other xbmc file into /etc/init.d - is this all I have to do ?

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does XBMCLive Restart on Crash0