[RELEASE] ComicRack (CBR/CBZ Comic Book Archives) script for XBMC
Thumbs Up 
Thought I'd share this in case it's of any use to anyone else.. This is a script I modified for the ComicRack program.. Since CBR/CBZ thumbs show like folder thumbs, I wanted to be able to view them by Comic book cover.. This script extracts the first image from the selected comics, names it as filename.tbn, and saves it in the same folder as the comic.. So If you use it through library mode, you can do multiple folders at once.. Did mine in one shot..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EHBETOYU
Many thanks! Smile
May I have permission to use this script with my skin Serenity? I personally don't use comics, but if there is an interest in them from the community, then I want to be sure to include this feature.

On that note...where are comics viewed? Is it directly from the script, or are they viewed in the pictures section?
This script has nothing to do with Xbmc.. I guess that's my fault for labeling this thread the way I did.. It's really just an easy, one step way to produce tbn thumbs for Xbmc viewing.. But yea, Comic files are viewed through the picture section..
Can some one tell me how to use this exactly? I am not sure what line I need to modify to make it work on my system. Are you supposed to run this through xbmc? I am guessing it's windows only?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Nope.

You need to have ComicRack installed. Then copy the script files to the ComicRack\scripts directory and then within CR use the folder explorer to find your comics folders, select the comics you want to have a cover for, rightclick, choose the "Automation" option, run the installed script, and voila, you have a jpg file to match the selected comic (cbr, cbz) files, so that when you now go to XBMC comics section, the cover for each file will be the default icon for that comic.

Hope this helps... if all this sounds strange, go to comicrack.cyolito.com and install ComicRack and look the forum there!
ok thanks. I thought that might be it but I didn't want to install it if it was not necessary. I wonder if it will run in wine...
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I said in the post right above yours that this has nothing to do with XBMC :p

I've seen people ask about the program working in Linux on the Comicrack forums and the last I've seen, it isn't possible.. but planned for the future..

Hopefully some day soon we won't have to worry about making tbn's for each cbr file..
any chance of a repost please?
be kind, rewind
Hi is there anyway someone could please re-post or make this script available please? I would really appreciate it!
Would love a reporst of this script Sad
ditto
I don't know what the original script looked like, yet I updated a ComicRack plugin script that does the same as I believe this script did. You can find the ComicRack plugin I created here:
Extract First Cover for Kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ComicRack (CBR/CBZ Comic Book Archives) script for XBMC0