Lirc stops working
I'm Having the same problem, everything is Ok and working, but after a certain amount of time of inactivity of the remote XBMC seems to lost the usage of the Remote!
So I tried to ssh My xbmc box, i've started IRW to see if the module was still up and running, and I was working and irw respond to every command sent by my remote... I don't know what can I do more!
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
latumus Wrote:any ideas?

dushmaniac Wrote:sounds like a lirc driver bug or hardware error to me.
try compiling lirc in debugging mode (with the -d[level] flag) en look at it's debugging output.

Smile
sound to me more a xbmc bug, because, irw still working but XBMC do not respond to the remote. I also tried the last lirc0.8.5pre1 and I still have this problem
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
I lost my Lirc tonight when I selected suspend by mistake from XBMC. I rebooted two times and could not get it back. I shutdown and restarted and no go. I removed the power from the PC and it worked. It's so bizarre. When the Lirc is not working the daemon is running and the LED is blinking on the receiver when I press buttons on the remote.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
try change your usb jumpers to +5VSB instead of +5V.
I ahve the same problem
Same problem here with Ubuntu 10.10, XBMC 2:10.1~ppa1~maverick, lirc 0.8.7-pre3.

After some idle time, the remote is unresponsive. irw shows no commands, restarting lircd does not help, restarting xbmc does not help.

After some googling I've uncovered quite a few threads on this, none of them seems to include a solution though Sad

EDIT:
I found the only way to fix this without a restart is:

Code:
sudo rmmod lirc_atiusb
sudo modprobe lirc_atiusb
Best solution I found was dropping Linux. I know this hard to believe but Windows does a much better job with XBMC over Linux. I switched a long time ago to Windows and no issues. It's way more reliable. Between the IR issue and constantly losing my sound I gave up on Ubuntu.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
Ah, I found my problem: user error in this case I think Smile

I had not blacklisted xpad correctly. I had added the blacklist line to /etc/modules.d/blacklist and not /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf. It seems that on waking up after some idle time the usb devices are refreshed and xpad was loaded.

Now that this module is properly blacklisted I no longer have a problem with the remote being unusable after idle.

Yay!
japher Wrote:Ah, I found my problem: user error in this case I think Smile

I had not blacklisted xpad correctly. I had added the blacklist line to /etc/modules.d/blacklist and not /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf. It seems that on waking up after some idle time the usb devices are refreshed and xpad was loaded.

Now that this module is properly blacklisted I no longer have a problem with the remote being unusable after idle.

Yay!

I'm having a similar problem. My MCE remote work fine after a reboot but if I put the computer to sleep or suspend mode. The mce remote dies on wake up. Where and why do you need to blacklist xpad? I don't even see that module being loaded on my system on any log files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lirc stops working0