Dropped frames with an E8400 (3.0 GHz)
Oh and just to be specific all my content is mkv files... My movies and television shows are both in mkv format. Huh
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote
shinnlly Wrote:That may be. It does have the push pins. Although I did pull and twist it and it seemed very secure..

I'm pretty sure you just push in the pins on the stock cooler to mount it. I think twisting the pins actually releases the cooler (counterintuitive, I know).
Ok so I've done some testing and maybe you guys can tell me what these results mean? Maybe this should be in a diff thread? If so, just let me know... but here is what I have so far.

All the files are 24fps I believ. If I play a 1080p movie no matter what settings in windows/nvidia control panel or what settings in XBMC it plays smooth as butter.
Once I play any other content however (720 etc...) it is LAGGY as hell. I'm talking about the video is way behind the audio.

I started digging a little further and I set my settings in windows/nvidia control panel to 24hz and then went into xbmc and set it for 1920x1080@24hz Fullscreen and wouldn't you know it, still laggy... I THEN set it to 1920x1080@24hz (without the fullscreen) so now everything is in a window with a huge black border around it but ALL videos play smooth as butter... Also while this is set, all the menus and the XBMC interface is laggy but the videos play fine...

I then started messing with a whole bunch of resolutions/hz in XBMC and it seems that it really doesn't matter what hz Windows is set at as long as XBMC isn't set to 'fullscreen' in the options or 60hz. No matter what hz is set in Windows all non 1080p content is super choppy on any res marked as 'fullscreen' in XBMC. If I change the res to anything else as long as it's not fullscreen, the video plays fine (it's also in a box since it's not fullscreen).
So to recap, here are the settings I tried and the results:

====Windows==========XBMC==========Resolution==========
=====60hz============24hz===========Smooth ===========
=====60hz============60hz (fullscreen)==Choppy============
=====60hz============30hz===========Smooth============
=====24hz============24hz (fullscreen)==Choppy============
=====24hz============24hz(non-full)====Smooth============
=====24hz============60hz===========Choppy============
=====24hz============30hz===========Smooth===========

I hope this gives an accurate depiction of my current frustration LOL... Anyhow, I'm completely stumped would greatly appreciate any guidance.
Sad

UPDATE: So I tried playing my mkv files in windows using VLC player so I could eliminate XBMC settings as the problem and to see if there was maybe just something wrong with this new TV... ALL content plays fine in windows just using VLC... but when I play anything but 1080p content in XBMC it's choppy as all hell... So now I'm really baffled and frustrated LOL...
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote
^^ I've had similar problems. I wonder if the issue is related to this Jittery video thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38530

It seems they are working on it with some reclock settings that I don't really understand a whole lot about.

In the meantime, my solution has been to just use the external player option in XBMC advancedsettings. You lose some cool options like being able to resume from the last stopped position, pull up the OSD and cover info while playing, etc... but playback quality is great when I let XBMC launch Media Player Classic, so that's what I use. External support thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43511
mpw222 Wrote:I'm pretty sure you just push in the pins on the stock cooler to mount it. I think twisting the pins actually releases the cooler (counterintuitive, I know).

Correct. I was giving a gentle twist to the whole assembly to make sure it was secure, not twisting the pins. It is counter intuitive indeed.

Since all is well with the after market cooler, I am happy now. Now I am muddling my way through Event Ghost. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropped frames with an E8400 (3.0 GHz)0