• 22(current)
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music
anyone got any idea if it would be possible to create a image slideshow vis or integrate it into the cdg plugin.

the idea is to have a slide show of images or display a video in the bg as oppose to the vis?

i thought that i would be great because i could to have the xbox connected to pc - and upload pics of the nights occurence as the singing is going on.

i did post this in suggestions but thought the idea might have more interest from developers here...
woohoo madkatz does work like a charm. thanks jmarshall...only one issue my voice is waaaaayyyyy off key...and a little flat...;-) can you code a fix for that...something celine'ish ?

thanks for the help!
(jmarshall @ july 20 2005,11:40 Wrote:volume is max without clipping.  not sure if i can boost over clipping or not - have to examine the code.

also, not sure if recording is possible.  it will depend on whether the callbacks we use contain the mic info as well as the music.  i suspect they don't.

furthermore, it'd be possibly quite tricky to get it right.
jonathan,

did you enable voice over multiple channels? it seems to increase the voice volume even for non 5.1 users.

can you test the change?

thanks,

================================================

in file cdgvoicemanager.cpp

code sample  

// set up the voice stream
dsmixbinvolumepair dsmbvp = { dsmixbin_front_center, dsbvolume_max };
dsmixbins dsmb = { 1, &dsmbvp};
dsstreamdesc dssd = {0};
dssd.dwmaxattachedpackets = m_pvoicemanager->m_dwnumpackets;
dssd.lpwfxformat = &m_wfx;
dssd.lpmixbins = &dsmb;
dssd.dwflags = dsstreamcaps_accuratenotify;
dssd.lpfncallback = cdgstreamcallback;
dssd.lpvcontext = (void*) this;

changed to the following to output to all channels.

code sample  

dsmixbinvolumepair dsmbvp[8] = {
  {dsmixbin_front_left, dsbvolume_max},
  {dsmixbin_front_right, dsbvolume_max},
  {dsmixbin_front_center, dsbvolume_max},
  {dsmixbin_front_center, dsbvolume_max},
  {dsmixbin_back_left, dsbvolume_max},
  {dsmixbin_back_right, dsbvolume_max},
  {dsmixbin_low_frequency, dsbvolume_max},
  {dsmixbin_low_frequency, dsbvolume_max}};

dsmixbins dsmb;

dsmb.dwmixbincount = 8;
dsmb.lpmixbinvolumepairs = dsmbvp;

dsstreamdesc dssd = {0};
dssd.dwmaxattachedpackets = m_pvoicemanager->m_dwnumpackets;
dssd.lpwfxformat = &m_wfx;
dssd.lpmixbins = &dsmb;
dssd.dwflags = dsstreamcaps_accuratenotify;
dssd.lpfncallback = cdgstreamcallback;
dssd.lpvcontext = (void*) this;

i did some experiment with the change to output to all channels. it sounds much better now when output to all spreakers is enabled. i am using a dolby digital receiver. the two channel analog output to the tv also have larger volume now. can a developer test the change and submit it to the cvs?

thanks,
(nitrex @ april 26 2005,19:47 Wrote:i just got som microphones for my xbox. i want to be able to sing karaokesongs using mediacenter and .cdg files. but when i use the microphones there is a short delay...what can i do to fix this?
nitrex, did you ever file a bug report? i am using cvs from 08/18 and i do see the same problem. there is this slight delay that mqkes it impossible to use the microphone, the result sounds just terrible (music/vocals out of sync).

the visulation (music/lyrics) is perfect. i also tried to play with the a/v sync option in the preference menu, but that did not help Sad

v.
this seems to be fixed in the latest cvs (i have 08/18), where the general volume does not control the microphone anymore. so just set the xbox volume lower (and the volume on your tv louder!Wink. the main issue is the delay, though (see this post), do you have it also?

v.
i was able to find this reported anywhere, so let me try to ask : using the latest cvs, i noticed that when using the karaoke function using milkdrop, one cannot see through the background (i.e. one cannot see the milkdrop stuff behing the lyrics). this works fine with g-force, so maybe i am missing something?

no big deal, but should i report this as a bug?

v.
(jmarshall @ july 19 2005,12:17 Wrote:...i've reduce the delay to the minimum possible.
something i would like to confirm : how much lag do you get? i think i have about half a second with an "official" xbox microphone (i bought it with a karaoke game). is that normal?

please let us know.

v.
(v-turn @ aug. 22 2005,22:45 Wrote:i was able to find this reported anywhere, so let me try to ask : using the latest cvs, i noticed that when using the karaoke function using milkdrop, one cannot see through the background (i.e. one cannot see the milkdrop stuff behing the lyrics). this works fine with g-force, so maybe i am missing something?

no big deal, but should i report this as a bug?

v.
heh, just got a bunch of cdg files, this thing's fun. came looking around in here wondering why the visuals wouldn't come up, didn't know that it was just with milkdrop. but yea, g-force works fine. i'd test out other visuals but the mic's in use. :p

edit: pretty much everything but milkdrop works.
i'm still having a slight problem with this Sad
i've just updated to a build that was compiled 2 days ago and it's still the same.

i'll attempt to explain it better this time...

if you start an mp3 (which has it's associated cdg file) it begins to play (the mp3) and the cdg "lyrics" are displayed, mic works fine (although quite quiet).
so far so good Smile

if you skip a track forward or back it will work fine, but if you allow the current (mp3) track to reach the end of the song, then the next mp3 begins to play ok but the cdg "lyrics" remain on the last image from the last cdg file (if that makes sense ?)

it's only a little niggle, but it would be nice if it worked correctly (as it used to ?)

i can only think that when the "nextmp3" (or whatever it's called) function calls happens automatically - it is not notifying the cdg function ?

you've done great work on xbmc though :bowdown:
hi every one,
Lightbulb 
hi everyone,
       i'm trying to use the xbmc kareoke function, but my madcatz mic doesn't work, the headset works but the soudn is very awful, and the problem is that the madcatz mic neither work on the xbmm, how can i make work the mic on the xbmm again? or how can i make work the mic on xbmc?

thanks a lot

sounds to me like you have a bad microphone but it is hard to say as i am not sure what build of xbmc you are running...dunno anything about xbmm so cant help there.
what's up all...

i'm new to this karaoke feature too. was hoping to get some help here. i've got a recent version (10/30/2005) of xbmc and a madcatz mic but it doesn't seem like there's any sound coming out of the mic. my mic works fine w/ music mixer so i'm pretty sure it's not broken. i've enabled both cd+g and karaoke in the karaoke settings but no sound when i play an .mpg file. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance!! :kickass:
the karaoke feature is probably broken with the latest version of xbmc. my mic works with version 1.1 but there is no sound with the latest version dec11/05
while i know that karaoke was always tied with visualizations, would like to see that tie broken.

i would like to use the cd+g with karaoke feature on, but have the main visualizations set to off. currently you must select a visualization and have karaoke turned on to see the cd+g. confusing and redundant.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music0